SITE REVIEW: The Crazy Bucket

• conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a forum that my friend and I started up. It's a melding of http://thinkgeek.com and OZZU. We haven't moved it to the root directory just yet, we're trying to get a few more users first.

I'd like to know what you think about the design, usability and navigation. Be as harsh as you like, you know how harsh I am on others. This board is run by YaBB.

http://www.dorfpod.com/crazyBucket/cgi- ... b/YaBB.cgi
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is nice enough. It did take me a very long time to even notice that there are links in top left of the header graphic, however. They blend into the image too much and the text is really, really tiny. The font of the title on the image is also slightly-difficult to read.

Another thing that bothered me was the board titles being in French. It forced me to have to read the descriptions of each one, and that was a hassle for my lazy self. :-P I suppose that is all I have to comment on for now, good luck with it!

Oh, and where does the ThinkGeek part come into the picture...?
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's exactly why the links are made into a navbar below the picture instead. This way it doesn't matter whether you notice the imagemap or not.

Yeah, a lot of people complained about the French titles. I don't like them, and I'm going to take them off.

It was just supposed to be the geeky spirit of ThinkGeek, not the eshppong part. I guess that didn't really come through. Errr...never mind.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers