SITE REVIEW: The eBook Warehouse

• jnrcorps
  • jnrcorps

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All

I have change the whole look of my website about 3 weeks ago the reason being is that i brought it off ebay and when i start checking other eBook website came across loads that were the same as mine. So i guess he was mass selling them :lol: here is the url of my website http://www.ebooksrback.com

I would like you guys to tell me what you think

Thanks guys
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

You bought that (or something similar to it)? It's a very basic website in terms of design ... I don't think this website would be worth buying.

First off, you have 149 errors in the html. I find it weird how, even though there's an external style sheet, you're still having CSS in the html in the form of:
Code: [ Select ]
<table style=
"BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; WIDTH: 600px; COLOR: black; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; TEXT-ALIGN: left"
  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" align="left">
  1. <table style=
  2. "BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; WIDTH: 600px; COLOR: black; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; HEIGHT: 1px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; TEXT-ALIGN: left"
  3.   cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" align="left">

With the design looking very simple in terms of colour, it looks quickly and cheaply made and therefore people may not want to deal with you.

Umm, i don't know how you'd go about improving that. I think it's best if you started from scratch yourself. Use divs instead of tables, they won't bite. It's very easy to design a simple website in CSS, even for a beginner, but if you need some tutorials go to w3schools, lots of easy to understand guides in there.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

how about you forget that one and look at some templates from here. You may pay a little more but it will be worth it in terms of looks, professionality etc.
  • winterdude
  • winterdude

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, I did not have a good first impression when I visited the site. I think you need to redesign it from the ground up. The site does not look very professional, and I personally think that because of it you will lose some business. You can familiarize yourself with CSS and HTML and get free templates at sites like FreeCSSTemplates.org or OpenWebDesign.org. They have nice looking templates that you can modify to fit your needs.
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, I would strongly recommend you get rid of that unblockable pop-up asking the visitor to sign up to the newsletter. Those things are extremely annoying. Personally that's *almost* enough to make me leave your site without even looking at it.....

Rather put a subscription box somewhere on the site itself.

Just my $0.02 ;)
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

unblockable pop-up = bad and suspicious
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

like other people said loose the pop ups, And your website is very plain, Mabye add some more colours.

Other than that I like everything :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers