• Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

we redid the entire site........converted to php and such, check me out
  • xandri
  • xandri
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks pretty good, and a great idea as well. As a webmaster I like the idea of a single site I can go to for all my graphic needs.

That link at the bottom Admin Login may cause some problems though.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, first off I would have expected a lot better "graphix" than what I saw on your site. I half want to believe the graphics on there were stolen from elsewhere.

The banner is too high. It needs about 25px chopped off the bottom. The text you have floating with a layer (eww) runs in with the graphics so it is unreadable. The top menu text is unreadable as well.

The hover-over sounds on the side menu are annoying and the sound sounds like a legal issue to me (mario sounds are copyright).

Most of the content is stolen, basically making the site a link directory.

The layout is a little bland. Try finding some Photoshop tuts on how to design a website and try to make your site a little nicer looking.

Hand-Code your pages unless you are trying to make your bandwidth go up and lose visitors because of slow pages. This makes your site look better too!

The HTML-> PHP thing does nothing but escape characters and add in an echo statement. I don't know if you know what PHP is, but it is NOT a replacement for HTML. It simply executes the code on the server and sends the resulting HTML to a visitor.

What is with the whole account thing? I don't see why I should create an account. Do I get something for creating an account?

Did dispeldesigns do the layout for your site? If so, why do you claim to do graphics at all?
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
Well, first off I would have expected a lot better "graphix" than what I saw on your site. I half want to believe the graphics on there were stolen from elsewhere.

The banner is too high. It needs about 25px chopped off the bottom. The text you have floating with a layer (eww) runs in with the graphics so it is unreadable. The top menu text is unreadable as well.

The hover-over sounds on the side menu are annoying and the sound sounds like a legal issue to me (mario sounds are copyright).

Most of the content is stolen, basically making the site a link directory.

The layout is a little bland. Try finding some Photoshop tuts on how to design a website and try to make your site a little nicer looking.

Hand-Code your pages unless you are trying to make your bandwidth go up and lose visitors because of slow pages. This makes your site look better too!

The HTML-> PHP thing does nothing but escape characters and add in an echo statement. I don't know if you know what PHP is, but it is NOT a replacement for HTML. It simply executes the code on the server and sends the resulting HTML to a visitor.

What is with the whole account thing? I don't see why I should create an account. Do I get something for creating an account?

Did dispeldesigns do the layout for your site? If so, why do you claim to do graphics at all?

Well he pretty much summed it up. so let me reiterate. The stolen Mario sounds suck. And i would deffenetly get new graphics. For a Graphics site, there not that good. And what he said about them appearing to be stolen, i would agree with that. Quite a few spelling errors too. I would deffenitly add some templates of your own. If you can make them... I would change the text font, and color on the text that is over images. The text doesnt show up very well.

poly
  • uncutgraphix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont plan on gettin new graphics for the site, but i plan on getting more

i don't know about mario sounds, or copyrights, as for all sounds were downloaded legaly from other sites

yep the graphics, flash video's, and most games are off of other sites, no im not claiming them, as you would see (if you did pay attention that is) there is a competely seperate section for graphics i personally made, and the video's and games that i didnt make have the owners name and website in the video

as for the site itself, it was a downloaded skin, im still a newbie, gimme some time, things will immprove

the member thing is basicly to post in the forum right now, i have plans for the whole "membership" thing, the site hasnt been up for 24 hours yet, chill out

the spelling, uhh ive always sucked in spelling and grammar, i fixed the grammar and spelling on the home page, where else is there errors (besides the word graphix)?

oh, and i cant handcode php yet

xandri wrote:
That link at the bottom Admin Login may cause some problems though.

what problem is that??? it makes things easier for me with it there, but if it creates a weakness, please let me know

ps
thanx for the feedback, websites would suck ass if it werent for guys like you.......................did i miss any questions?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers