SITE REVIEW: The Old Brewhouse

• ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Old Brewhouse

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback on the layout above. Many thanks!

Alec
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well yeah I dig the general layout, but the font that you used for the links in the top navbar seem a bit out of place to me ... All the other fonts look so smooth, but those don't.

Then why is the home rollover button active when I am on the homepage? Rather make it a solid colour so the visitor can see where he/she is ...

And then the white part where the content is seems very bright to me, it's a bit overwhelming, maybr change it to light blue or something.

And what's with the site's URL ... are you still going to get another domain name? Or move it soon?

That's about it ... I like ...
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks righteous_trespasser. I will make it more obvious what page the user is on.

What font do you suggest changing the top navigation to?

Point taken about the brightness of the content area. Will change.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no Idea about the font ... I was thinking about that myself earlier on, I thought arial eould work, but isn't that what you have there ? Maybe making it one size smaller would work fine, same size as "holiday home" ... I checked again after installing Service Pack 2 for XP and now it looks smoother ... So maybe just the size ... Test it first and let me know how it looks ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another thing that I just saw ... The images in the right top corner have a strange rollover, It makes a border on the right and the top but not left and bottom ... If you planned it like that, please rethink it, because it looks like something's not working right ... I would suggest making it a solid border or none.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers