SITE REVIEW: The7thGear.com

• The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is still in a early developing stage ,
so we need some suggestions on what to improve and what not to improve :)

http://www.the7thgear.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has an organized layout and great information about upcoming shows but there are a few things you could do. First, I would put "The 7th Gear" somewhere in the header image as a logo, using the same font you did for the link text. Also, put links from the updates to the galleries so that search engines will have an easier time indexing your pictures. Lastly, avoid having extra rows in your table of upcoming auto shows and consider using a "0" border for a more professional look. Does appear that you're off to a great start though!
  • Voldemort
  • Born
  • Born
  • Voldemort

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors are great, and the pages are loading very fast. I would suggest centering the content, and making the text in the buttons a bit more... "readable" :D
  • The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the suggestions , we're currently changing the buttons and adding minor adjustments to the layout , so keep a close eye on the site :) and please review the site :!: :D
  • biossss
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Latvia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like these colors! As farmer_Tom said, logo or some text would be good in the header...

And menu buttons, must have been changed ;)
  • khurramraja
  • khurramraja
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, i like the design of your site its layout looks nice.. But two suggestions for you; you have this huge gap on the top, try to eliminate the topmargin and also ur menu font is hard to read. Other then that color scheme is all good. hehe :D .. ba bye
  • The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

khurramraja584@hotmail.co wrote:
Overall, i like the design of your site its layout looks nice.. But two suggestions for you; you have this huge gap on the top, try to eliminate the topmargin and also ur menu font is hard to read. Other then that color scheme is all good. hehe :D .. ba bye

the top margin is one of the things that will be changed at the update , and for the font we already have a one font in mind :
http://www.the7thgear.com/Navbar.jpg
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im using FF on win2000 and 1024 x 768 res and the bottom 3 images of the cars are covering the bottom lines of your content. Also the content seems to 'leak' out of the right hand side of the shaded box.
  • spiderden
  • Loc: Tennessee

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the site! very nice! i liked the colors and the layout ... very fast on the loading part well done :D i loved the pictures! very well done!
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout and the colors look awesome. But still if I'd be a user coming from a Google search I'd close the window.

You need content. Even a few sentences can do wonders. Like what the site is about and what can be found on it. All should be visible and straight forward at a glance.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, George
  • The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

geegel wrote:
The layout and the colors look awesome. But still if I'd be a user coming from a Google search I'd close the window.

You need content. Even a few sentences can do wonders. Like what the site is about and what can be found on it. All should be visible and straight forward at a glance.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, George

thanks for that suggestion , i already designed and wrote the text as you suggested and it's waiting to be uploaded.

Thanks for all the suggestions they really helped us improve the site. We almost have the new version of the site ready but there's still work to be done , especially on the nav bar. Maybe you guys know a few good fonts to fit on our new navbar, and keep coming with the suggestions :) they're really helpful
  • Elite Skills
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Elite Skills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very pretty layout, but not much of a site yet. I've also been scolded many a time for using brown.
  • Naked Dave
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Presonally, I REALLY like your layout. It's very nice. I'm loving the banner, with the glass effect. And I really like cars. Good Job. :)
  • JcbTkht
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JcbTkht
  • Loc: Houston,Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not really sure what the site is for. But the layout is very nice looking. I enjoyed the side bar pictures that matched the top bar pictures. Very clean, just didn't understand the point of the site, there was no explanation of what is going on in the site.
  • Lost HUnter
  • Lost HUnter

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site and the pictures, but I think you should add some quality content about the cars.
And margin should definitely bi fixed 8)
  • The7thGear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • The7thGear

Post 3+ Months Ago

I updated the site with an new layout
Adding text tomorrow

note, only the homepage has an new layout

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers