SITE REVIEW: TheBestJams.com

• thebestjams
  • Born
  • Born
  • thebestjams

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have updated this site several times and then one day on this forum someone told me to try mambo and I love it. This is a radio station(hip hop r&b freestyles mixtapes)/ news site. I really would like some feedback, negative or positive, thanks.

http://www.thebestjams.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually radio station websites have a bunch of info on events that are going on and stuff on the DJ's. I would definately add that in. Also, I don't think that clock fits in....i'd just lose it.

What's with the lectures? And the memories of the Indian Tsunami?

The site is lacking unity and coherance. Try to stick to the same topic and make sure that you don't include too much stray content. It does end up driving people away.
  • markw
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site should match the width of the logo; it doesn't always (like on the home page, and maybe others). Maybe if you took out the top navigation and put the logo in there it would look better. You don't really need the top navigation with the sidebar. Also, as a visitor, I should be warned when I am clicking a link that takes me to another page or a real media stream.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I like the site, the colours look really sweet and the main decks look really cool.

What I would say is that the site has no real central focus, what I mean is when I go to it, I don't quite know what to do / where to go. There's alot of text going on and I not sure where half of it leads to. Maybe break the site up into more sections so that vistors can find specific info / news more easily. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com is a website that springs to mind and does this pretty while IMO.

Cheers,

Colin.
  • Tdotwire
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

you got some good looking colors on the site as well as dynamics (rollovers,highlights,etc)

my question is that how did you make the rollovers for the text, did you use css or javascript for the text cell highlights on the left, cuz if you did then I would like to know how you did it.

as goes for improvement I sugest making the shout outs frame 100% in width and maybe even stretching the height to the bottom so you dont have that gap in between.

Aside fromt that, great job! :thumbsup:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers