SITE REVIEW: This Is UK Business

• povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

This Is UK Business is a web directory of small UK business websites. Please let me know how do you find the color scheme, design, it's loading fast? What can determine you to submit your site?

Regards,
Ovi
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find the fact that there is so much text on the page a bit of a turn off and the more elebrate colour scheme used by the ads makes them dominate the view, although in general I quite like the colours.
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments. I wait to receive more reviews then I will made some changes.

Regards,
Ovi
  • YORDANOVassil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well:
1. Loads pretty fast;
2. Cleanly clean design, but i don't think you should use these colors for a business directory. As far as i'm concerned blue is the business color. Now, at first glance, the site looks like a garden/gardening portal. I think you should not use nature colors for a business webs. The colors i would use are blue, gray, white, may be orange to emphasise something etc.

Hope you find my post useful! :wink:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, this domain name reminds me of the "thisis" network of websites. I am sure they wont take it too lightly if you are using the "thisis" at the beginning of your domain name.

The site loaded up quite fast and has a good colour scheme (as has been mentioned previously). I am not a huge fan of the constand links and text on the main page as it does make it look too cluttered and busy.
  • kennethtan
  • Born
  • Born
  • kennethtan

Post 3+ Months Ago

My personal point of view. Better use a short domain name. thisisukbusiness.com is good but if the domain name is shorter, it will be better. :lol:

The loading time of your page is good. Furthermore, database is included. You can save a lot of time for editing or adding new directory or link.

Good job. :D
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont feel like reading that all
_______________________looks like an add!!!!_________
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks okay..The directories seems to be well managed. The layout needs improvement :)
  • keef
  • keef
  • Loc: cambridge uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also found the font small and wonder if you would maybe put each category as a button link which opens in a new window ? The colours are fine if not a bit bland. Try changing the font colour to something bigger or darker.
  • DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

May be add some pictures to make the site look a little more alive :)
Besides that, in site map align the rows to left not to center. And what is it in the top_rated page? Check it, probably a script error..
  • Sweetpotatopie
  • Loc: Flint, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. Pictures woud look nice. You also need some sort of logo. Maybe have a featured business with a photo somewhere along the right hand column on the main page

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers