SITE REVIEW: Those Other Lives

• ogbecker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ogbecker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thoseotherlives.com

I made this little site for my buddy and it's really taken off. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad site but what are those square on the to? The brown ones? Are they part of the logo or did you forget to put content into them? Just a questions.

Nothing else. Pretty much, good site sums it all. (Well, the links on top are pretty hard to read, but they're easy on the eyes)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've only got three w3c validation errors, they sholud be very easy to just fix quickly ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ype=Inline ... I think you should maybe disable the rollover of the page that a user is on, for example if I am on the "Archive" page, the "archive" link could be in another colour and not clickable ...

To me the white is a bit harsh on the brown, it's too much of a contrast, but maybe that's just because it's pretty early in the morning still ...

You can't see it in FF, but in IE7 there's this strang white box next to your content on the "archive" and "contact" pages ...

also I would think about validating what a user submits on the "contact" page, because I just sent you a blank message ...
  • emma
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not much to the site but what i see i like.

Emma
  • ogbecker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ogbecker

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for the comments thus far! I'll fix up the errors and get it validated soon enough. His writing is incredible and that's the primary reason the site is doing so well. and yea the "blocks" are just for looks...there isn't supposed to be anything in them.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like the blocks.
What righteous_trespasser said, the content is a bit too white, you can look for a colour a bit darker. And for the links, I don't think there too light but I've got a TFT monitor and that makes difference.

Good site! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers