SITE REVIEW: Thousand Oaks High School Choir

• Meldryn
  • Meldryn

Post 3+ Months Ago

All right peoples, here is my work in progress, not much content at all yet... :P I just had a question about the layout, it seems on lower resolutions, I cant scroll doewn to the bottom of the page... so I need help fixin that, the layout is all divs, so anyone with css experience could probably tell me what is wrong. Thx!

http://meldryn.ath.cx
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The sites color scheme is great. I love the photo up at the top (inside of a piano right?) but the page lacks a title of any sort.

The topic words going over the top line of the box make it a bit hard to read, since it is such a bold font. Also the all smallcaps is a bit annoying. As a general rule smallcaps should be used for titles and normal text used for anything that requires a bit more time to read. So you kind of flipped it for your page, and I appreciate the fact you tried something out of the box, I just don't think it is working for you.

As for the noscrolling problem, I would validate both your CSS and your page... The page doesn't validate in XHTML 1.0 for a few random specifics, but I would recommend checking through the list (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ev%3D12390) and seeing if anything would have to do with scrolling. Most of it is just the fact the XHTML error checker doesn't like 'id' in place of 'class'.

Hope that helped you a lil!

And as a side note your name sound really familiar to me, you wouldn't happen to be from the central new york area, or know anyone from there would you?
  • Meldryn
  • Meldryn

Post 3+ Months Ago

ummm... I'm from Southern Cal, but I know a guy who goes by mltsao, who is in NY, lol probably a long shot though. :P Thx for the feed back too, in regards to that whole thing; would using classes instead of ids change anything, like inheritance? Lol and the title isnt done yet, obviously there is a lot of work to be done before I am finished, such as writing a whole admin interface for the calendar script I am using... ugh. Anyways, thanks!
  • Meldryn
  • Meldryn

Post 3+ Months Ago

changed out the ids for classes and everything seems to be working! thx for the tip!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like what you did with the banner. Doesn't take away from the picture at all!
  • DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like what you've done so far! Keep it rollin.
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think its great....where is that school? nice that you didnt go with the blue scheme that most people have been doing with there sites....interesting concept, that calender... it may not be new or anything but thats the first time i have seen it on a site. :D
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is really good. You may want to check the calendar, the title for it is overlapped by the top logo. Spreaking of, that logo is excellent. Very orriginal and works great with the site design. I like the green scheme, its a nice break from all the traditional themes you see today.

Well done. 8)
  • Meldryn
  • Meldryn

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the feedback all! It's great to know I'm on the right track.
  • venom
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the layout nice it looks like its gonna be a real good site maybe make the tables a little wider
  • Nova00
  • Nova00

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm
site would not load for me

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers