SITE REVIEW: ThreeCell

• vation
  • vation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,
I'd greatly appreciate any feedback that you might have to offer about a site a designed. Thank you for your time.
http://www.threecell.com

Im particularly interested in load times, usability, and aesthetics.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

please don't crosspost your topic in other forums. thanks.
  • vation
  • vation

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry about that. I had realized that I initially posted in the wrong forum so I just took the liberty of reposting in the correct one. Thanks
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the cleanliness to this site. Great use of white space and I especially like the blue/grey/white color scheme. It presents a professional look and the flash is for the most part very smooth, I didn't notice anything in particular.

I also like the way you handled your portfolio section with the grid and the mouse detecting square and also the way content of the sphere comes to together producing a larger thumbnail - a really nice tough.

This is a well thought out site presenting a clean and simple look - fantastic job.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site - looks very professional and clean. Loads fast and simple enough to use :)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the flash is a bit choppy, even on a 3ghz system. (well the loading screen anyway). the aesthetics are nice and relaxing, like the colours as well!
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it. i also quite like a lot of the sites listed in the portfolio section too.
  • itwebsolution

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice work. The blending of the header with the content section is seamless and visually appealing.

The only improvement I would make is to try to increase the load time of your portfolio on the Flash version and maybe put thumbnails on the HTML version to help guide the visitor to your excellent proofs.

Thanks for sharing!
  • lyonrt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lyonrt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the colors and the ideas brought out on this site! Awesome work. Need I say more? 8)
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there.
I agree with all the others. Great site with very relaxing and clean design.
But I for myself would love a "Turn off the sound" button in the Flash version. I look at pages at work and it's not always so great when my colleagues are forced to "hear" the sites I look at.
Or did I just not see the button?

Excellent Job on that one!
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with what others have said, the color scheme is nice and smooth and I for one am a sucker for blue. I also get choppy flash, mainly where you have the shape tween with the blue and grey ring expanding in size. I think that the design and supporting graphics are strong, and that you could probably take out the rings that enlarge to full screen or at least replace them with another smoother looking effect. I am not very fond of the music in the background, it sounds a little too 'Epic' for my tastes, I just don't think it goes with the design very well. I don't have a suggestion for replacement music.. sorry..

Hope that is helpful criticism!

http://www.rkart.us
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

At least on your Contact document, and possibly in other documents, your images need alternate text available in case they're not loaded.
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site loaded very fast. Over layout is excellent and that will keep people watching the show. Might want to consider speeding up the fade in and out of the messages a little. I had to just sorta wait for something I knew was going to happen if you know what I mean.

Nice Work Indeed, very nice. -- probly award worthy.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

this site defines professional and neatness. The quality is good and the design creative. Your flash skills are also good. I love the loader, goes with the site. 9.5/10

You have quite a portfolio there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers