SITE REVIEW: TigerScripts Forum Beta V1

• onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys

Been working hard on this forum, ready for live testing.

I am selling this forum with licenses.
Fiar prices i think
1 Licence = €9
2 = €15
4 = $25

But anyway.

If you would all like to have a look, this is not for sale yet, hint Beta, but give me a week to build the site with PayPal.

The address is http://www.tigerscripts.com/forum/index.php
You can log in as
Username: admin
Password: demo

Original i know.
lol

Please post your feedback here.

If you are interested in buying this product, please email me. info@tigerscripts.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first question is what will make people buy your script instead of getting a free one from phpbb?
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets bugs, not as easily hackable, cleaner code for people to edit easaly, you can fit your website around the edge, shall i go on.
  • jazzmasta25

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello onlyican.com,
I'm not sure if you want a review of the general website or the forums so I will do both.

On entering the website I notice pink links a color which usually spells bad news for any website especially since it does not go with the general tiger theme I think. Maybe switching it so only when the mouse rolls over it turns pink or somthing. Turning the whole top banner into a link to the index might also be a good idea. I do like the simple look of the site though.

Forums:
After logging in and looking through the admin control panel I see many very usefull features that would be usefull on any board. You could turn this into a more control panel like thing categorizing what each option does into sections, it would be easier to use. Currently the CP is just a bunch of links in a teal box, so getting them organized would be best.
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing i wanted to stay away from on all sites i do, is frames, The only way I could think of doing this is with the small box at the top.

One thing I hate about cpanel is if you click on one feature, you have to go to the home page again to go to another feature, it is not soo bad with internet connection now, but can still be a pain.

I may add titles to the hover so you can see more of what they are.

And Although I have made it easy for users to change the style I agree about the pink links, I was a color i picked for testing and decided to keep.

Thanks Jazzmasta25, this is also my first big script
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're seriously trying to sell that forum script? No offense, but its a very basic script that anyone with a basic knowledge of php could create in a couple of hours. There are already a lot of flaws that I found with it, just in the few seconds that I browsed through it. I highly doubt, and I mean highly doubt, that your script has less bugs or isnt as "easily hackable" than phpBB, so dont bother comparing your script to phpBB. Your code may be less complex, but that doesnt make it better. I've coded a custom forum script before at university, and its not an easy project. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but dont count on too many sales. Just continue this as a fun project for now, and build it up to something a lot better than what you have now. There's nothing unique about what you have, in fact, your script lacks a lot of the features that many free forum scripts have. Just some feedback for you to think about.
  • Niall Lally
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Galway, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job onlyican.com :D but i dont think ill be paying you when phpBB isnt that bad to modify and has a really good resouce team for helping with problems! keep up the good work anyway
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your feedback, and said in the title this is a BETA version, extra features are being worked on, and for bugs, I can only fix bugs If I am told about them, so please let me know of any flaws.

I first built this forum as a bit of fun, learn and practice my skills, but I have been offered money for the product, which is why I am selling the product, and cheap, a bit of extra cash is nice.

Also, as I have asked before, If there are features that you want in a forum, please say, and I will work on that.

I am working on other features now, for example the quick reply.

The thing other people like about this forum, is if you do not know much about coding, then everything can be done easily, most things in the admin section with a click of a button.

I am asking for feedback not for people to buy this yet, If I was trying to get sales with this post, I would wait till I have the rest of the site online, nobody can buy this product yet.

As I said, please provide me with extra things to add into this forum, then I will remove the BETA and sell the product, I don't sell beta's
  • Niall Lally
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Galway, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok soz well firstly you could probably do with getting rid of the log in area (hide it) when you have logged in! secondly from a H.C.I perspective the color scheme is not beneficial those shades of blue arent beneficial to those with color blindness. Change the fonts, enlarge them! i cant really think of much else from the constructive criticism side of things.

things to add, who is online, pm etc
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thinking about it, most of you will probably agree, I may make the forum a free forum.

As I said I wanted to do this to pracice my code. I think I will feel better with 100 websites using my forum, than 5 paid ones.

Just when someone said, they will buy it, greed toke me away.

Again, this forum is not ready to get hold of yet, it is a BETA, I would still like feedback on the forum, extra features, and the website is not ready yet.

I have other scripts I want to builld, that I can't really charge for as they are basic, and so many of them around, CMS for example.

But please, feedback
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thinking about it, most of you will probably agree, I may make the forum a free forum.

As I said I wanted to do this to pracice my code. I think I will feel better with 100 websites using my forum, than 5 paid ones.

Just when someone said, they will buy it, greed toke me away.

Again, this forum is not ready to get hold of yet, it is a BETA, I would still like feedback on the forum, extra features, and the website is not ready yet.

I have other scripts I want to builld, that I can't really charge for as they are basic, and so many of them around, CMS for example.

But please, feedback

Niall
it has a PM service, when log it is says Messages.
I did nearly forget that.

With the log in box, What can i have there when someone logs in, may a small version of there last posts, or messages, or both hmmmmmm
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Checking the stats on the page

has anyone actully noticed the admin section link at the bottom of the page, once you log in.
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw, if it's a beta stage i would usually put the version number as something like V0.1 or something like that so it alows room for "improvement numbers"
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was gona just make TigerScripts V1, its not a big thing like MSN, well It could be...
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys

I have mad some changes to the forum

I have removed the pink

I have added and cleaned some features

Also When you are logged in, you do not have the log in box still there.

Please check it out

http://www.tigerscripts.com/forum

I am making this a FREE forum, please let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas or find errors before i start giving it away.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers