SITE REVIEW: Timeless art tatoo and piercing

• quietside
  • Loc: TAMPA, FLORIDA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please Take a look at this site I built.. alot of custom graphics are there and Let me know what needs to be added....

http://www.docstimelessart.com

Thanks to all my peers and fellow web developers..

Ciao

Quietside
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I watched the intro then i clicked on the enter, which threw a 404 error in my face.

The design is lovely and i like all the images on the site. I think the buttons are a bit bland compared to the rest of the site and could do with a rollover effect.

I notice if you go to the contact page it opens up an email. I think that you should use a form to send the information. This will mean that you get the required information and it looks more professional.

Overall you have done a good job, just a few tweaks you could improve on
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I merged your same topics. No need to use all caps in your titles either. ;) Thanks for giving
quality reviews, since you're expecting the same for your own site.

Enjoy OZZU. :D
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.docstimelessart.com+

Twleve years of experience, and you don't know about DOCTYPES? Oh, dear.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol at conorific.

Well to begin with there are a few things that annoy me:

1)splash pages.

1) music - the tune is <i>very</i> nice and if you put words with it, would make a beautiful song. I just don't like it on website, same as I don't like in greetings cards. Plus the off button only works until you go to a new page, then it comes back on again.

2) Right click - there are many legit uses for right click, such as bookmark, or "save page as", and if you are trying to hide your source code, it will take anyone but a complete muppet all of 2 seconds to circumvent it :lol:

3)Flash-only navs. Not everyone has flash, including (as far as I am aware) googlebot. Having <b>no</b> text links at all will be detrimental to the site.

Ok, after disabling javascript, I found your page sizes to be in eccess of 500kB. Thats a crazy filesize. 10x what I like to see..... I also found that you are using nested tables *shudder*, I don't like tables as it is, but 4 of them nested is a bit much for me to cope with.

You could do with creating an external stylesheet, rather than having inline styles.

Some of the images could be optimised (by jpeg -> gifs in some cases, and reducing quality settings in others) without any real loss in quality.

Overall it is a nice looking site, very clean and professional-looking, but as
someone, not sure who \";)\" wrote:
make sure that your site is compatible with all
browser types (basically make sure you take into account
that ONE GUY/GAL who has a 14.4 modem and is running
Windows 3.1 with IE 4.0 (LOL)

I'm not sure how that guy/gal would feel coming to this site. I doubt he would be too impressed though.....
  • quietside
  • Loc: TAMPA, FLORIDA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fixed it... Thanks..... DOCTYPES.. I got it... LOL.. was up all night doing this site.....

LOL...

Quietside
  • frans26
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Close to Lao

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even tough i'm not a big fan of Flash, background music and tattoos, I still like the lay out of your site.

Is it really nessecary to keep the navigation buttons in flash? How do SE's spider your site? Can they read flash? I'm not sure about this ....

All the red starts to hurt my eyes after looking at your site too long.

Nice images tough.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers