SITE REVIEW: Tisse.com all feedback welcomed, even harsh one

• the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all

I'm a complete newbie over here at this place, just found out today it exists actually (a friend of mine pointed it out to me).

Well, I have a site which I would really love to have some feedback on. It is version 1, so probably needs lots of improvements. Any feedback is welcomed, loading time, functional navigation, ...

And, if you want, there are some downloads on it (sound loops, sound fx, ...) you are welcome to d/l anything you like :)

Tisse.com

Thx in advance for your time and effort.

Kind regards
Tisse[/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome to ozzu. :D

i love the colors of your site. it loads pretty quickly (on cable) and the
layout is simple. the transitions are nice and quick, not overdone. The
color movment in the header is killer! love that. :D

Just my opinion, but here's a few things I would suggest to change -

1. that sound loop is ok, but it's really a bad quality. You may want to
change the streaming setting to 128k quality mp3 rather than it's current
setting. It will sound so much better if you do.

2. i'd recommend increasing the framerate of your flash movies. Anything
over 25fps would make things much smoother, as a lot of the animations
are choppy and slow.

3. In the larger text parts of the site, where you have a lot of it, it;s
difficult to figure where things start and end. maybe you can add a
divider graphic to seperate columns and make it a bit easier. The yellow
on the blue bg is a little hard to see sometimes.

Overall, I think you have a nice site here. 8)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice job with the site, did u use swish of flash mx to make it?
i like the site and dont see much wrong with it,
i would suggest perhaps making it bigger?
and using more space, but that is only my opinion, good luck!
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the comments :)

Unflux, you are spot on on three accounts there!!

For the sound loop, yes you are right, made a terrible compromise there between speed and sound quality. Could very well be I went too much for the speed thing.
As for the framerate (it's 20 fps), right again :) A stupid beginner mistake actually come to think of it.

But, version 2 should be better I guess (hope so :P )

kalbal

That is all Swish 2, but it seems people don't believe that. Actually had to prove it to some Flash users (the contact form however is a flash file used as a plugin in Swish, combined with a php file).
As for the size, tried to make it so that people on 800*600 didn't have a horizontal scrollbar and only need to scroll down once. As a result everything is on a small place.
But, I believe I just went overboard with all the different stuff in it, content wise. For the next version I think one portfolio site and one for the downloads will be better (I think).

Thank you both for your time, I really appreciate it.

kind regards
Tisse
  • wiredpcs
  • wiredpcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

It roxs i luv it,
Any chance you sending me that initialising thing as it loads ?
Is it flash?
Thanks
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

that initialising, the preloading is powered by a flash plugin (just because I'm lazy, could very well be done in Swish as well).

As for you getting it? I believe there are lots of free plugins available at swish forums, one of them (the best I believe, but I'm kinda biassed) is swish-tutorials.

But, only Swish in that forum, not like here where you have all kinds of stuff, just so you know :)

kind regards
Tisse
  • eyelfixit
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada eh!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, that's pretty. Very, eye candy.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, nice!

I've seen the "scrolling zoom window" for your bottom links somewhere before --- I think it was at a technology/art exhibition. Was it inspired, or invented? Either way, its a good site.
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi dr nick

Thx for the feedback.

If you could remember where you've seen that, please let me know, as far as I can tell (and a lot of people have checked it) mine was the first one, but could be wrong on that ofcourse.

Really curious about this (already had one copycat I had to take care of, would hate if there are others).

kind regards
Tisse
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I originally saw the sliding zoom screen in a large installation at the ZKM Media Museum (center for art and media-technology) http://www.zkm.de in Karlsruhe, Germany, back in...oooh...October 1999?

There as a long metal rail (about 10m/30feet) that had a large flat panel monitor attached. On the backside of the monitor was a camera (its results displayed on the monitor) and it faced a wall on which there were several paragraphs of 'wisdom' across a long strip. OK. that's a bad description, but basically, it was like your slidey thing but a physical installation thereof. Sigh. Sometimes I wish we could just point and gurgle and people would understand....
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

i love it! what a neat little site you have there, all worked extremely fast, and I could turn off the music easy! *yay* (i have a pet hate for sites with music) my only things I noted was it was difficult to read the font. (although it blended nicely with the sites theme). Also maybe some wasted space at the top there, some more graphic or something, it looks a little bland there :wink:

Otherwise top site!!! :D
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

dr Nick, I think I understand what you're saying. And no, didn't see that before, I bet it looked quite impressive reading that reply.

Musik, thx for the reply.

As for graphics, only got into PS about 2 months ago, still a long way to go ;)

Thx

Tisse
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

awesome site...very clean crisp looking

keep it up......

tyght
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that everyone else hit it on the head! BUt i just wanted to say... How come your site is 1000 times better then the others?
  • Amzia
  • Amzia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site overall.

It loaded really fast and was easy to navigate. The test was alittle hard to read though, but not too bad. Generally I find that music and sound effects on sites get repetitive quickly. Besides that, good job on the site ;)
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tyghtwad, Cuerock and Amzia, thx for checking it out, really appreciate it :)

Cuerock wrote:
I think that everyone else hit it on the head! BUt i just wanted to say... How come your site is 1000 times better then the others?

Uhm, to be honest not sure what you mean Cuerock, could you explain it please?

kind regards
Tisse
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well first off , yours is done in flash and the others are not. The design and layout of yours is better and more thought out. :rabbit:
  • dlankes
  • dlankes
  • Loc: Telluride

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the flash work that you did with this site. A thing to consider would be the size of your font. It is a little difficult to read. How long did the flash take you to do. I am thinking of taking our site over to flash and do a redesign using the same layout. I like what you did though.

Please visit my site http://www.tellurideofficialguide.comand tell me how long you think it would take for me to over haul the site?

Also have your visits suffered because your site is done in flash?

Overall very interesting site. Consider making your images a little larger as well. If I wanted to see your portfolio without launching the sites it would be difficult.
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Cuerock

That site is completely Swish 2, not MM Flash (with the exception of the preloader and the contact form). But, none of the premade effects in there, made my own in Swish.

But, check out the Unflux site, pretty damn good one, just an example, there are others in the site check that are amazing.

It took me (PS included) about 5 days. But, looking at your site dlankes, I don't think there is much need to go all flash to be honest. You should consider loading time and all as well. Maybe here's a site that has lots of pages as well folkfestival. That took me about 9 days to make. And yes, I know it needs an update very soon but still have to get the new graphics, date, ... from the client to get going for next year.

As for the portfolio images, point taken :)

kind regards
Tisse
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know. I was just wondering why you would not give your customers a flash site. Yours is excelent. I know all to well about http://www.unflux.com I work with the guy. Did your customers not request a flash site? Are you going to give them the hook up? I really like yours, by the way! :D :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers