SITE REVIEW: TML Floridays

• jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been doing a bit of design for for a luxury villa company in Hertfordshire TML Floridays...

http://www.tmlfloridays.com

Please judge the site in terms of ANIMATION, DESIGN and DATABASE...

The database (content injector) software was developed by my web design partner at neonerve media solutions (http://www.neonerve.com) which can be downloaded free from his site at http://www.p3mbo.com for anyone interested.

Many Thanks for any pos or neg crits!

(anyone atempting to refresh or reload the index animation page will not be able to view again due to cookies unless they select the play movie button within the site, this was to avoid showing the animation to frequest users of the site)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey i like the introduction to the site veryneat and eye catching,
i dont really like the vertical buttons, it would be easier if they were horizontal. but i am really impress witht he layout as in the curved borders they are really kool.

can i ask where yougot that weather script from becasue i need one exactly like that, thanks

nice work :D
-sycofi5h
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your in luck, my web design partner at http://www.neonerve.com created the script and offers it free at the minute for download at http://www.p3mbo.com. It has been heavily modified i must admit (calander etc...) but it all works around the content injector structure. Drop him an email at pembo@neonerve.com and i'm sure he will guide you with any questions. In the mean time his website has the free download and some good help and advice!

good luck
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very cool all around. Have to agree about the vertical menu, not very appealing. If you have the time and want to put in the effort, you can put the options along that curve at the top, put a little css effects, and it should look pretty professional. Or think of something else. I like the site colors though, puts a lot of life into the site, which fits the purpose of the site very well. The database functionality seem to be running smoothly, no noticable lags when I try to do a search. One last comment on the content, you have the current date available in one of the boxes, right now it shows it as Friday 7th January 2005, but its still Jan 6th for me in here in Canada. Not sure what kind of date script you're using, and if its set to a specific time zone, but it threw me off for a second. Other than that, add in your meta content/description/keyword tags and you're set. Great job, great site.
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers... pretty good comments!
I just had the site slagged off my a guy over on another forums who complained about the text size! and then he actually had a site using size 9!!!! people these days!

cheers guys.... i will check on that clock for you! lol... It is a UK company, but i'm sure it should display local time???

cheers for your views
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol. Text size? Thats not even an issue anywhere on your radar! Probably just a bit of jealousy. As for the clock, I thought it should display local time, I even refreshed a couple of times with no results! Its a small issue but one worth noting.
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL....

And if he;s retarded that much then use the handy magnify tool or set text size to super stupid SIZE!!!

will get that clock sorted asap!
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

thankyou so much jordan you dont no how much i have been wanting a weather scrpt i have searched and looked at every google link lol
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

it took me ages to find it... you asked pembo for it? he shoudl point ya in the write direction. Only prob with it is that you can't alter it in any way. simple to add tho.. and free.... a little slow at loading sometimes! but useful!
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i emailed him but he hasent given me the direct link yet i will wait a while but yeh looks erally good
  • Perfect Syntax
  • Perfect Syntax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good basic layout idea to the site. The curved lines have a good effect, and the menu with the date and login look absolutely gorgeous.

The top menu could do with more work, and as people have said, the vertical menu don't work too well. The picture with the logo could be of better quality. I would also suggest making the rest of the site to fit better with the curved lines. For example, the straight line under the welcome heading clashes with this. The images in the text would be better with a roundish/bubble frame instead of rectangular. And the items on the right side should be done in the same style as on the left (which is quite good).
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

sycofi5h wrote:
yeh i emailed him but he hasent given me the direct link yet i will wait a while but yeh looks erally good

http://www.superpages.com/cities/add_weather.html

This is where i found it. Hope its of help
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep that is the one thanks for that that is great now if i can find one for australia weather that would be great but yeh still thanks i need some interanation weather stations.
-sycofi5h
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

best of luck finding one... i hunted ages for that bitch and i still wanted sommit more like what the BBC use!
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the website itself - very nice work. I think the vertical navigation is ok (personally) however, for the target audience - I believe it doesn't work so I would agree with the negative comments toward it.

As for the intro - I really didn't care for it too much, I thought it could use a bit more juice. What I mean by that is considering the concept behind the site - that kind of intro seems cliche to me....try coming up with something that differs from the typical "Come visit us because we're a great place" kind of a deal. Looks very "info-mercial-ish."

That being said - once again, I think the website itself is really nice - I would just work on the intro.

Nice job.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

jordan wrote:
best of luck finding one... i hunted ages for that bitch and i still wanted sommit more like what the BBC use!

i no it is soo fusstraiting i have search through the whole of google i have found some accept they are my kind of style, i found one the over day accept you ahve to pay 5 bucks to get it so i might do that and you cna personalise it too it is preety good.

-sycofi5h
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone having problems accessing TML Floridays? well its hopefully back online now... server had PHP parsing problems.... great fun!

http://www.tmlfloridays.com
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am having problems i cant seen to get into the site
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

It may not have refreshed around some servers yet... i think the server hosting place updated some scripts and perhaps transferred all the data to another location.... they haven't informed me of course.... Keep posting if you have problems!
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

o ok that is kool cna you tell us when it is up again
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its working for me and some guy in canada
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

o ok i got it

just wondering what is the calender and clock doing above the arrive date??

-sycofi5h
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

??? i don't know what you mean. Can you email me or upload a screen shot please. I've been finding a few errors across my network since the crash... could be something to do with that : ?
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok email sent
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

{posting to explain to other users too...}

I get ya… sorry… I thought you meant the actually booking calendar….

That isn’t a mistake… It was just because it’s the organiser/calendar logo standard and its featured on the green section related to dates and booking a reservation….

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to send me this.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

no probs but that site is looking good now i cant find any problems:D

-sycofi5h
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone know of any villa companies where you can upload your property details for free by any chance? My client is asking for help promoting....
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

did u try google, coz i dont no any your best bet is to look at google or some search engine
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i have thanks! my first port of call is always google but i was just checking... you never know the crazy URL you guys remember sometimes! lol
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

jordan wrote:
yeah i have thanks! my first port of call is always google but i was just checking... you never know the crazy URL you guys remember sometimes! lol

that is so true jordan so true
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers