SITE REVIEW: TopSites Directory

• Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas
  • Loc: Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I've launched this site ( http://www.thetopsites.net ) about two months ago and I am still working on it. As you may see this is a web directory.

The catch is that we rank using several rankings from other search emgines and directories (alexa, google, etc) plus our own algorithm which let users vote for each site.

Please let me know your opinion. Any kind of feedback will be welcomed.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks a lot like a spam site or place holder. Explain the site before giving them all the content.
  • Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry truce I did not undersand what you say. Can you please explain more?
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh god it took me more than 5min to submit my url and 5pages to fill up to list my site!!! all the fillups can be done in one page with ease, why did you split those reular ??? to 5pages....

As yours is an directory and will be viewed by people around the globe ( i suppose) so you must customise it to 800x600 for better browsing...

after submitting my site i got this message "Thank you. Your request will be prossesed in the next weeks."

Next Weeeeks :evil: why should i be bothered if you list my site or not, its not dMoZZZ or Yahooo!
  • Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi miner,
and thanks for your review( I think reviews like yours will make as better)

About the submition page you are right. I will fix that soon.

About the process of the requests, is because I have a lot of them. You are right we are not Dmoz or Yahoo, but topsites delivers 30 - 800 unique visitors / month to every site is submited here, so I suppose there is a reason to bothered. Anyway if you want to get listed quick, you can use the fast inclusion service.
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

It seems a little slow. I don't know if this problem is temporary...if it's not, you might want to move it to another server. Few people can tolerate a slow search engine or directory.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nikolas wrote:
Hi miner,
and thanks for your review( I think reviews like yours will make as better)

About the submition page you are right. I will fix that soon.

About the process of the requests, is because I have a lot of them. You are right we are not Dmoz or Yahoo, but topsites delivers 30 - 800 unique visitors / month to every site is submited here, so I suppose there is a reason to bothered. Anyway if you want to get listed quick, you can use the fast inclusion service.

Thanks Nikolas,

I am glad you took my words positive :P

Everyone is not perfect and it needs lots of efforts everytime to keep upto the standard....

I was just pointing out, in the angal of a webmaster who submit their sites to your directory and i am sure no one will be happy to read the words "next weeks" after going thro a long process of submission( and i got a thanking mail from you after submitting my site which says

"We would like to thank you for your submition to the TopSites Directory.

You will be contacted by our stuff when it will be approved (ussualy 1-2 months). "

You must avoid these words 1-2 months and weeks etc, review the submissions and add immediately to your links which will help...

regards :D
  • Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are right. I will remove those words in the next update.
  • indodependo
  • indodependo

Post 3+ Months Ago

takes a min to load on cable
and when it loads its ok i like it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers