SITE REVIEW: Towers Review

• Digi Stylers
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently set-up a Alton Towers website for people to add their reviews, comments and trip reports from the park. If you didn't already know Alton Towers is the biggest UK's Theme Park. I'm not totaly happy with this design, i've done much better so really I wanted to know if its that bad? Please excuse the forums, I've not got around to skining them. I could always do a re-design which wouldn't take to long as all the reviews are stored in a MySQL database so I could just move the scripts I made over.

http://www.towersreview.co.uk - Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Mark
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very pink, I think the colors clash. Other than that its cool, kinda reminds me of playing Roller Coaster Tycoon. On the roll over, you should make the colors change, not just the text. Might want a bigger graphic although I just like graphix 8)

Overall I like the idea :)
Colors are sort of funky
  • Danky
  • Danky

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a Park info website Maybe You can use more pictures about the Park to let people have more interesting.

and blue + Pink... Never seen it .. I just saw Blue + green ,but it's also dark... maybe you can try white + red +green + Black

IMHO....
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I it looks nice, i would say too pinky too. and the Width of the tables are quite big??

over all its nice, but some more pictures.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

a few suggestions:

1. correct clashing colors

2. make table width smaller for folks with smaller monitors

3. i would add a text summary paragraph in the park-info page
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. pinklyness... like everyone else said... black is always good :)
2. auto resize them tables.. use a % instead of an exact number

info on it is great.. park looks fun.. to bad i live in the usa

also.. maybe you can try to match your forums with your website :)
  • Digi Stylers
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My monitor is different to most peoples (well when I view my sites at school they look a different colour). It looks way more purple than pink here. And the parks colour scheme (i.e. logo) is purple/blue so I wasn’t going to make a red and white site, or black. Just didn’t hit the colours quite right and they do clash a bit. Still glad you don’t think it’s all so bad. Keep the reviews coming, and Bladesling, you should really come over here, we have the most well themed/intense coaster in the world ;)

Regards,
Mark
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) lols when i am rich i will do that :) and ill build my own rollercoaster to :-p mwahahahaha
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. I would make the menu items and box label text all in BOLD.

2. The blue areas I would use a grey blue like #3B67A8

3. LOGO: With a name like towers review you can have much smarter logo - maybe have some tracks or a tower with it.

I like the park pictures bit - good fun.
  • infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't really like the pink colors with the blue, you could may be use more white or more orange/yellow. The navigation menu is quite easy to use and the different pictures easy to find.

Infoscripts
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHOA!!! those colors kinda clash dontcha think?? LOL change the color and add more pics and it should be just fine. :D
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Birmingham England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right,

I always find it interesting to view comments about peoples sites. I try and not read what everyone else's review says. Then after your review, read what everyone else has put. That way YOU can get a "true" opinion of what we think rather than people just copying everyone else's comments... consciously or sub-consciously!

Anyways, here goes.

The first thing i noticed was that the screen size was too big. I am in 800x600 and had to scroll horizontally to read the text which is always a pain in the butt! At this point, i am going to change to 1024x768...

Arrr.... thats better!

I think the header could be a little bigger and maybe add a few action pictures ere and there. The colors arn't quite right IMO. Just like a roller coaster ride... it's making me sick! (joke)

I like the tables in the "Park Info" page. I would change the yellow text. Yellow on Pink!!! naa...

Going back to the screen size... I think you can make the site with percentages ie: left:20% width 90% etc That way, it don't matter what screen resolution someone is in... It just sizes it to 20% of that screen size. (Not an expert however)

Nice work though! Welldone!!
  • sirussblack
  • sirussblack

Post 3+ Months Ago

An okay job. I like the Roller Coaster Tycoon feeling you put into it. I think instead of the RCT image as the banners, you should instead put a image of the park itself. The colors clash which I really don't like. Also, I looked at your source code (I do this for just about every website I review) and I saw that you have your CSS right in the code. You should have a single .css file and link it from each page. It makes it easier to make adjustments to font and link colors. :) Other than that your doing a good job.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The blue background kind of hurts my eyes. The pink-ness...I actually like that. ;) The cells next to and under "Latest News" need some fixing. You should take out the
Code: [ Select ]
<span class="blackborder"><span class="style5"></span></span>
since those cells should be empty, or at least I assume you inteded them to be. Is there a link for people to submit material? If you do; it might be a bit hard to find. Oop, nevermind; I found it. Hehe. Might I suggest using a php emailer such as http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/30712.html. It allows visitors to email you and attach files, right from your website. It would be very convenient for you as well as them. Just a suggestion. :)
  • ponpots
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: catmandu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add some pictures and reduce the boxes. That will i think make a overall design look quite good.. :)
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be nice if the latest news linked directly to the stories so I didn't have to go search for articles. It's not a problem now, but as the site gets bigger finding things will become more difficult.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers