SITE REVIEW: Tox1n Designs

• BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Loc: Deer Park, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

My site: http://www.tox1ndesigns.com

I loved it when I designed it, but after coding it I'm tired of looking at it.
What do you think? Keep in mind, some sections are still under construction (the services page, and the portfolio).
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, Nice Layout, fits the window, and appears correctly on my screen, Nice Grey, silver or metallic Theme you have going theyre.

Its Very SImple and elegant I would like to say, so Im going to say, a good 7.5/10 On my scale.
Could use some more material, but looks good to me (thumbs up)

I would also like to link your site if you dont mind ;)
Personnal message me please.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the feel, in general.

I think that it needs some color though. Just a mouseover color, a color for the post titles... something. I think it's a little too stark. The information is organized, but it's not apparent because it's all the same color and kind of blends together.

HTH!
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeh, i will make sure v2 is a rainbow of webdesign, as i have gotten many comments about its monotone, lol.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be sure not to change it with TOO much color though. The first thing that I liked about it was that it didnt hurt my eyes. :) Maybe add one or two colors in, but dont make to bright, or I will have to <B> HATE </B> you!!!!! :lol:
GOod site actually. Like Foxy said, it needs more material, or a longer side bar with the material more spread out. Otherwise, very good job! A+ work.
  • xml
  • xml

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a cool layout but loads slowly on my 56k, you might be able to pull off some of the deisgn which uses images in CSS.

Other than that it does look good, the gray looks professional and clean.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Consider adding more cellpadding to bring the text away from the edge.

I like your banner shown here...cant you bring more of those bevells and orange icons into the design. Image
I think tiny orange icons on it would look sweet
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im with johan007: If you built the site with those same colors, it would totally rock!! It looks real good however, a little monotonous, but thats a relief from a bucnh of other sites I looked at today, so no real biggie there :D.... I like it. Very neat work.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed. A little orange would make it rock. Dont go too overboard though........ :)
  • lordg
  • Born
  • Born
  • lordg

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout looks neat, although I prefer it to have a bit more brighter colours, unless the whole gray thing is what you want.

-----------------------
nayi
  • Volki
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i liked it neat and clear, but i found it boring it needs some life into it i guess.

More colors but also some logo which more catchy or interesting My personal opinion doesn't mean it's true however :wink:

Also possibly u can add a poll underneath the navigation? This way u full up the space that is left giving it more complete look?

All the best,

Volki
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a nice, clean feel to it. I wouldn't add to much more color to it, but, as xml suggested, you can do away with alot of those images in favor of more CSS.

The mouseovers on the affiliates page also get pretty hard to read once the cell changes to almost white, perhaps that's where you should add the color if you add any - on the text mouseovers.
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, theres been a lot of mention of me not using enough css, i think i use more css than images there, the nav, content borders, and maybe other stuff, i cant remember lol, thats all CSS, i dont see how i could replace any of the current images with it.
  • Fex
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

woo, thats really nice colour scheme.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could've sworn I left a review. Hm.

Well, the colors are good (I like shades of gray). Your copyright at the bottom was a bit unnoticable; you might want to make it a contrasting color. I like the background image(s) you used for your inputs, but I think there should be a break between name/email/subject to distinguish the text boxes.

On the left, where there are # users online and hits, it looks odd on my screen. The # users looks centered and the hits are on the right; so it seems a bit inconsistent.

But other than that; good work. I'm impressed with your other projects.
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i had the copyright a contrasting color before, but people said it was too noticable and took the attention away from everything else, so those who care find it easily now, and those who dont care, they'll find it eventually...

And about the users thing, what browser are you using? Looks just the way its supposed to for me...
(users online is left-aligned and hits is right-aligned)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Netscape 7.1. The users just takes up the whole table cell, and seems more centered than left, while the hits is right-aligned and looks like there's too much space.
  • FearKiller
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • FearKiller
  • Loc: Kingston, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like your choice of color, it looks very nice. The text is a little hard to read though because it is so small. Overall, It's a very good site.
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, i downloaded netscape (thats one sexy skin btw) and it looks fine, except for the nav height... o.O...
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see. See, for my screen, the text for users online takes up almost the whole cell. I guess it's because I have different font-size settings then. *shrug*
  • gab1982
  • gab1982

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colours, well put together and your banners in the portfolio are exceptionally good, what i do think that site needs is a forum as it would look a lot better where people could discuss different aspects of the site and how they think it could be improved, other than that a really nice site.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it was a little bland. I would take some muted colors and use them along with the greys that you have now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers