SITE REVIEW: Toyota Hilux Dealer http://toyota-dealer.org

• jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello folks. I would love review of my http://toyota-dealer.org. We are a Toyota dealer and exporter and export from Thailand, Australia, Dubai, United Kingdom, United States and Dubai UAE. I would love feedback on design, content, Search Engine Optimization. We are trying to reach worldwide audience of Toyota enthusiasts.

SEO wise we are trying to rank high for Toyota Hilux Vigo which is our biggest seller from Thailand but despite early success have not been able to score high for some reason. We also want to rank high for Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Prado and do rank for long tail keywords but not for short tail keywords.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi jfambrini, you got a nice site there. I really like Toyotas myself, and I've had my eyes on a Hilux... though the one I've seeing and kind of want is a diesel truck.

As for the site, I have some suggestions which I think would help the customers, which in turn, helps you. Also, as "rude" or "harsh" this may seem, I'm just reviewing to help you improve on it... not make you mad or anything negative. Keep that in mind.

First off, the list that drops-down from "Vehicles We Export" is not an alphabetical list (And the list at the left). Those kind of lists where it lists items such as this, would make great sense in putting it in alphabetical order, which makes it easier for the customer to find what their looking for. Took me a little bit to find "Toyota Vehicles Export"... I just wasn't expecting it to be the first in that list.

Also, the menu where all those drop-down menus come from is a little bugged in my opinion. Maybe you meant to do it the way it is right now, but I don't think so. The arrow that shows that it is a drop-down menu is behind the text, and when you hover over it, the arrow moves to the side (which actually reveals it), and makes the entire menu seem different.

I found the Hilux Vigo Extra Smart Cab (didn't know there were these different amount of Hiluxes available) and was disappointed to find the lack of pictures of the truck that it's talking about. All that text just seems like a drag... all those 2 pages of text...

You got a whole mess of content. Sorry, but there is a whole lot of text there, it's like reading a novel, and the crazy thing is, is that if I'm trying to find some way to contact you, I would have to read the novel to find the email lingering somewhere there.

The site seems somehow plain, unmotivated... it's good to have a plain site somehow, but this seems too plain, and the text is just overpowering. A person could get lost with this site. I guess if I actually did need your business than all I would need your site is to find the phone number and get all the information I want about whatever it is I need from the person who picks up my call.

Other dealers show their inventory with the prices and pictures, tell of the features of the vehicles they sell and the like. You do some of that, but the organization is what kills me... where are the horsepowers, the height, the width, the everything about the car you sell and I'm looking to buy?

When you list numbers (For example: "or for used 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 or 2004 vehicles," straight off your site) you could just put "2004-2012" and that would've covered the same amount of years in less amount of space...

You got a whole lot of reiteration going on there... (for example: "Whether you are looking for brand new 2013 2014 cars, 4WD pick-up trucks, 4WD SUVs, trucks or bus or for used 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 or 2004 vehicles, Jim is the best source. If you are looking for highest quality 2013 2014 Cars For Sale and 2013 2014 4WD Pick-up trucks for sale and 2013 2014 SUV for sale, your search is over. We have cars, luxury cars, pick-up truck or SUVs on sale so there is always a car to be found in a person’s budget.")... you pretty much said that your car dealer deals cars of all kind 3-4 times.

Now, for a dealer as large as this site is making this dealer to be, I expect a site that is more advanced and more appealing then this one... This site doesn't seem as important looking as it's telling how important the dealer is... I think this makes sense... for some reason I'm having trouble explaining my thought here. The site's design isn't doing the dealer justice by the description of the dealer that is found on the site. Maybe that helps clear it out.

The contacts information in the contacts page seems empty. I would suggest that instead of putting all that information horizontally, you put it vertically and maybe add in a physical address to your dealer so people within driving distance would be able to find you more easily and more hassle-free. Because calling to find out your address is a bit of a hassle. That is, if there no circumstances that are making you hide the address.

The site is kind of slow, each page that I open takes a while to load, even if it's one that I've being on before. I guess you don't have any kind of caching going on there (at least it doesn't seem like it). It's just slow.

The columns... the columns... the columns... something about them... something about the way you have text organized there that bugs me and tells me it should be different somehow. I guess I'm not happy with most aspects of the site. The design/layout you have right now does not fit into what a dealer site should be. The organization you got going here does not work for the kind of content you are displaying.

I think your problem is that you are too obsessed with SEO. SEO is not as important is it once were... still is, just not as much. Why? Because search engines are smarter now then they once were... in fact, so smart, that if you try too hard, you will end up hurting yourself more than doing any good. When SEO is messing with your site and content this much, it's a problem.

That's about all that comes to my mind right now... this may seem like a lot, and some heavy criticizing on my part, but I'm not saying these stuff to be mean... I'm trying to help you get it working better. I take reviewing seriously I guess... don't take any offense in any of this.
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello folks. I have a current problem that i would like some advise on. As you know, we a car dealer and car exporter from Thailand, Australia, UK, US and Dubai UAE. When a new model of a car is released it is important to get in the first 5 searches.

The bread and butter vehicle from Thailand office is Toyota Hilux Vigo pickup truck. The new model 2014 Toyota Vigo is being released and we created a web page (toyota-dealer.org/2014-toyota-hilux-vigo-major-change-model.html) about it but when we type "toyota hilux vigo 2014" "all new toyota vigo" "2014 toyota vigo" and searches like this, we are not even on 1st page.

The interesting thing is we were number 1 and number 2 for almost 1 year in late 2012 and early 2013 when we were not even trying to rank for these search terms and did not do any SEO to get this ranking.

What can we do to restore the fortunes of this page and site for searches related to this search. Any help would be appreciated.
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 39 days ago

Recent changes in Google algorithm has changed our ranking in search results. Our page http://toyota-dealer.org/Toyota-Hilux-Vigo/ was number between 3 and 5 in "Toyota Hilux Vigo", "Toyota Hilux Vigo Thailand", "Toyota Vigo Thailand", "Toyota dealer Thaialnd", "Toyota Hilux Vigo fos sale" "Toyota Vigo Double Cab" and related searches. Now this page is on page 2 on most of these searches. Will love some SEO tips to give a push to this page's ranking.

Someone has suggested that I change my template and another person has suggested that I switch to Wordpress. Is Wordpress more SEO friendly than Joomla?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers