SITE REVIEW: TriangleDoulas.com

• kakarotmf
  • kakarotmf
  • Loc: Raleigh, NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.triangledoulas.com

I spent forever on the navigation, so that's my pride and joy. However, it doesn't work right on IE 7. (I only have IE 6 on my PC, and haven't read the articles on how to run them side-by-side yet.) For IE 7 users, start on this page: http://www.triangledoulas.com/ask_a_doula.xhtml .(IE 7 hides the links to the right, for some reason. Must be a z-index issue...)

This is the first site I've done using http://www.inkscape.org . I love the program! It's learning curve is ridiculously easy.

Still working on the Nursing Necklaces page...

The shopping cart doesn't validate, but everything else should.

I'm wondering if my h2's should stand out more. Currently they're the bold, lavender section titles.

This is also the first site I've coded to really work for IE 6. I went the route of coding it twice with conditional comments, but I'm reconsidering using the "whatever:hover.htc" javascript.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whoops! A few validation errors. Take a look.
The overall design looks good. It looks like to put a lot of time into your design.

One thing that kind of bothers me is when I place my cursor over one of the main tabs, it changes to the I-cursor. I think it would look better if it stayed as an arrow instead (this can be accomplished via the "cursor" attribute in CSS).

My first thought upon seeing your home page is that the blue column should be a little wider. It would be easier to read if the reader could read more than 3 or so words per line. I found myself focusing on my efforts to read the text rather than the content of that text.

On this page the image of the baby appears too far to the right and seems inconsistent with your margins for all the other content. I noticed the same on a few other pages with right-aligned images.

The H2's look fine to me. You can try making them a little darker, but I don't see it as necessary. I was able to distinguish them as headers right away.

Overall, I like the simple design and consistent color scheme. Nicely done.
  • kakarotmf
  • kakarotmf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spork:

Good point about the home page blue column, the cursor, & the right-aligned images. I'll fix them after I fix the IE 7 navigation problem.

I still might play with my h2's. The color is from the first design done months ago ( http://triangledoulas.com/old/birth_dou ... ices.xhtml , minus some moved images. Amazing what a month to clear your mind and start "fresh" can do. That, and finally taking the time to learn a graphics program!). I'll probably change the color to match the logo, and increase the font size while un-bolding it.

My lease ends soon, so I'm unfortunately busy apt/house hunting for the next few days :(
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a nice site, but it could have some work.

The navigation seems really well thought out and made, but I advice you on something. Everytime I put my cursor on the main navigational title such as "Shop" my cursor is such as it would be over regular text. Make it something like a hand. Just an advice or my thought or whatever :).
  • kakarotmf
  • kakarotmf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fixed the IE7 navigation and the 3 points spork pointed out.

Any other opinions?
  • cometmall
  • Student
  • Student
  • cometmall

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice, you need more topics

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers