SITE REVIEW: TRIVIA ON NET - New Design.

• idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everybody,
I will appreciate any advice or comment on my multiplayer trivia site www.TriviaOnNet.com.
Thanks and looking forward for your feedback
Idan Green
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like your website though it takes too much to load...

Well, you can do some more on logo...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks pretty good, only border line-cluttered. Close to the bottom of the main page, there is for live online help. It seems a little out of place because it is all alone with a big block of white space to it's right. Pretty good work though!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have got 11 W3C Validation errors ... You can click here to see them ...

On first eyesight it looks just like YouTube ... a little bit too much in my opinion ...

Seeing that the site is called "trivia on net" ... isn't it strange that the url is triviaInternet.com ... ? it bothers me a bit ...

I don't have much elese to add, it seems like a well organised site to me ...
  • CashNinjas
  • CashNinjas

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, I realize you're not supposed to leave replies like "I like it", but that is honestly all that is going on through my head. Theres nothing much to say. It looks really good, so I give you a thumbs up on the review.

HOWEVER, before I even read the above post, I thought that same thing to myself. It looks too much like YouTube. It's probably just those plastic glossy red buttons or something.

Well, good luck!
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Regarding YouTube resemblance, I truly havent noticed it but now that you mention... maybe just a little bit.
I appreciate all posted feedbacks.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does kind of remind me of youtube.

I think it's pretty good looking though, only borderline clutterred like the previous person said. And by that I mean I can't tell where an advertisement starts or ends.

My only gripe would be when you click a link it expands the new window to fullscreen.

Other than that, good job!
  • moramata
  • moramata

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website loads slow. The site appears to have a few members already. When was it launched? Trivia is big business. I think this site will take off. It has all the Web 2.0 ingredients. Congratulations. Just gewt couple more servers.
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks again for your comments. To your question moramata, the site was launched a few months ago and is running on beta version. The servers issue is being taken care of and will happen very soon. Regarding the borderline.. good point.. will be taken into consideration. Thank you again and hope recieving more feedbacks.
  • Jenny Berg
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the site but it does take long to load and I have extreme DSL, also, clicking in the latest games opens a new window in full screen, that may seem odd for some people, is kind of one of those pop-windows that come from ads, I will change that, nice site overall, Jenny!
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone and thanks again for all the feedbacks.
The site has been upgraded and changed and again new feedbacks will be highly appreciated. Please have a look here: Triviaonnet.com

Thank you
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is very nice. It looks clean, a clear colour theme, nothing to bother me as a visitor. A very good job ;)
  • pratt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pratt
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site no doubt
Blue color is eye catching
  • pratt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pratt
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

its good
  • DPZero
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is great :) Also the way the first page is split into sections, in which you explain what your website does, and present the community is just great :) Love it.

One small note though: the fact that you say your website is the no.1 online trivia website is questionable. Not that you are not no.1, but it kind of sounds like spam advertising. No offense
  • davidkendall
  • davidkendall

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website, the design of your site is really very attractive i like blue colour most in your in website. I wish you increase your visitors.
:)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new look is much better in my opinion. Much more original and easier to differentiate from youtube like was previously mentioned.
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to you all for the positive feedbacks. They are very much appreciated.
DPzero thanks for your remark. I completely understand what you are saying though just a little bit of advertising can't hurt.

Idan
http://www.Triviaonnet.com
  • tbl
  • tbl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not really a review, but where do you get the money to offer $10,000 in prizes each day if you don't mind me asking?
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks fantastic, no question in my mind about that. I agree with a previous response that your logo could use some work - important for long term branding.

But, your homepage doesn't do enough to convince me that this isn't going to cost me anything.

"Sign-up free, Play Free, Win Prizes" - at this point you certainly have my attention. But then I see that every day you claim to give away $10 000 and this is further reinforced by the daily jackpots you show. I'm not that smart, but something doesn't add up when you're giving away a possible $3.65 million dollars a year and I get to play for free? Either you're a philanthropic superhero or you're not telling me the whole story.

I'm sure it's the latter. From my perspective, you'd be better to tell people how much it's going to cost in your "What is TriviOnNet" section. If you don't tell me what it's going to cost me to join or play, I get a little suspicious.

I love trivia, and I'd love to participate, but I wouldn't join TriviaOnNet because the numbers just don't make sense.

Perhaps you've invented a business model that allows you to give away $10 000 a day and let people play for free. If you have, please don't hesitate to let me know (I'd love to know your secret).

Reid
  • alfonko
  • alfonko
  • Loc: uruguay

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really think that logo is isolated in a big white space, if there is a reason for that i couldnt figured out which is it. Also i would set red fonts for the jackpots amounts ;) The rest... pretty nice to me
  • tbl
  • tbl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really like the site. I think the Play Now button should have a roll over effect, it will seem more button-ey (don't question my flawless English skills) that way. I also agree with above post, I have to specifically look at the logo in order to really notice it.
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks again for all the feedbacks.
Reid, most prizes are for players playing on money and is based from their entry fee to the games though there are also daily free rolls for players who do not want to spend any money at all. Please PM me if you have any other question.
Alfonko and tbl thanks for your remarks.. will be taken into consideration.
  • retrixz
  • retrixz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i think its pretty good...

Userfriendly. Nice job
  • idanoms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello again Everyone,
We have launched a new game platform recently and have completely changed the homepage (http://www.TriviaOnNet.com). I believe that most (if not all) of the feedbacks and remarks were implemented in this new page and so again.. a BIG Thanks to all that took the time to write them.
Wish you all a Great New Year!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers