SITE REVIEW: TrophyBody.com

• bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, I am in the process of designing a bodybuilding, fitness, and nutrition web site for a client which features a forum and online supplement store. I'm in the early stages of development, but I would appreciate if you could share your comments and suggestions.

URL: http://www.trophybody.com

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Brian
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• glassedgraphix.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • glassedgraphix.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors and text and everything fit together really well on your homepage there, but the background bugs me a bit. I like how you cn't see the people, but I think that it is a bit too choppy and everything. You have nice smooth lines throughout the rest of these page and then these choppy people in the background. Maybe you could smooth it up a bit?
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a nice site .. Can't find anything wrong with it ..
  • murdah
  • murdah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great job with the oscommerce modifications! I too have rolled out other heavily modded sites. My one suggestion to for you to make sure that you change all of your default buttons and Icons. I think you got the buttons covered already but I see icons in default state. ie. like notify icon.

Also change your default text like "What's in my cart?". I think you can customize this to your feel instead of using the osc default text. Sample custom text for "shopping cart" would be Gym Locker or Nutrition Rack.

I hope you get my suggestion! Other than that bravo and kudos. Love this implementation and one more suggestion. Submit it in the live shops of oscommerce. I think this one is excellent.

M

Some of my companies oscommerce implementations.

http://www.urbantoys.ca
http://www.sat4life.com
http://www.digware.com
  • murdah
  • murdah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm back...It appears that your click to enlarge does not work. You might want to investigate that! Also just another tip. Your pics look great but you might want to look at transparency for each pic background. So when it goes through the whole user flow it will be flawless!!!! Gif does a decent job at this.

M
  • murdah
  • murdah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me again, I just noticed that you are using the /admin default for your administrator. You might want to change that. All you need to do is rename the folder then access configure.php in the admin or new renamed admin folder and make the correct directory changes. I suggest this mainly so that you dont get unnecessary hack attempts. Call it like pumpmyarm directory or something. Just adds a level of security.

M
  • murdah
  • murdah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry again, I noticed an error

"The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again."

This is an error message when you do not input a credit card number. Notice the <br> in the error message.

Also, you have links for a forum! Maybe you also need a link that explain who you are and what your online store offers. About us and such. Also your policies right now are empty.

M
  • murdah
  • murdah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone seen my posts? They appear like it fell on deaf ears. Just curious.

http://www.urbantoys.ca
http://www.giftsetcetera.ca
  • voycieh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland, Warsaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

Put some movement into the top of this site...

Marcin
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site great work!! The only thing I could find for a suggestion was using CSS for stylesheets instead of inline font tags.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just on the first glance I would have to agree with one of the posters above - something about the grey background bugs me. The orange is nice however. Maybe I just don't associate grey colors with good vibrant health products. I would try a lighter color maybe.

How about writing an about us page? I know you have that opening paragraph on the home page but more content on your business would help me as a consumer. Talk about how long you've been in the business and include links to the live chat (that's a great idea by the way).
  • pierrenavarra
  • Born
  • Born
  • pierrenavarra

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good,

I'love the color.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. Simple. Clean. Crisp. I like it.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

voycieh wrote:
Put some movement into the top of this site...

Marcin

Flash??

I don't want to make it too sophisticated. Not everyone's computer can run flash sad to say.
  • Stalin_q8
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Site, Great design, please put some advice for people, how to get slim, etc...
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good looking site. Loaded very fast, and I have never seen a site use an orange color scheme and actually look good, this is the first. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers