SITE REVIEW: TTS Data Center

• raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canton Mi

Post 3+ Months Ago

TTS Data Center
I am currently writing a website called the TTS Data Center.

The website in itself will be a resource site for Many Different Projects. I am working on many Aspects of the site and bandwidth and size is not a issue. I am paying everything for the site out of pocket and offering it as a free service. It is what has been keeping me away from the Oblivion Scene this long if anyone remembers me off the NifTools Team as well as my many Plug-ins i created for Oblivion. I am thinking of Adding another Modding Branch to the site as well for all games that and currently being Modded as well as Offing to host any Open Source Projects that any of the programs here who are making Add-ons to any of the games at Bethesda or any other games that You or anyone else have created a modification to that improves the game or adds new content to it. Right now I am currently hosting Linux resources and a few The Elder scrolls IV Oblivion Mods but would like to expand the site which requires a members base and people upload content to the site and bringing there friends with them.

Some are for obtaining the latest Distributions of the Many Different Linux Operating Systems. I am also currently working on a tracker for the site to be for use for Distribution of Cd's and DVD's ISO Files of the Operation systems. I am hoping to have the site grow and as I can afford it make upgrades to the site and be able to allow more content for the site to be able to make it grow. Right now I have a unmerited Bandwidth. All expenses comes out of my pocket and I am hoping to be able to upgrade the server soon to allow larger Disk Space to be able to host more Files to be a better Mirror site for all Linux Distro's.

http://www.ttsdatacenter.org

The site is mainly centered around Support and other Open source needs as well as people who are looking for a home besides sourceforge to get there applications out there. The Site itself is basically to be used as a hub of sorts to bring more people together. I would like to do my part and help out as well and offer a Tracker for the Open Source Community to use to get there Programs, OS's, or what ever else they are trying to establish to get there content out to the populous.

I hope to see your soon at TTS Data Center and hope you enjoy your stay.
  • koolman
  • Born
  • Born
  • koolman

Post 3+ Months Ago

its quite diffucult to find forum page. Portal looks like but a little mixed. To be honest the tema didnt take my attention. i couldnt find anything to surf in your site.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

koolman wrote:
its quite diffucult to find forum page. Portal looks like but a little mixed. To be honest the tema didnt take my attention. i couldnt find anything to surf in your site.

Explain how hard When I look at the page it is right there in the main menu section labeled Forums

Here is a screenshot
Where I circled it to show where it is. and you have a few spelling errors and grammar in your post as well I had to think a moment to get what you was saying with the spelling errors
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I really can't speak for Koolman, but I found it difficult to find stuff too. Maybe because of the layout. All those boxes make things confusing. Then the nav doesn't really pop out. It looks very close to the regular text. Maybe vary the typography of the site and definitely do away with all the boxes and repeating orange ball. This might make it easy for the user to navigate and at least make a more interesting looking page. Good luck!
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Theme Manager on the pages that lets the users pick between many themes on the site and each one has its own look and feel
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well not to sound like a jerk, but the one I saw was not very appealing. You might be better off designing your own. Just a thought.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have one that i made But You have to reg to use it because it is in a option menu that is available when you sign up Here is a screenshot of it. It is a work in progress because this is just one of 6 projects that i am working on.

Here is the Theme drop down menu that users can select from

I cleaned up the both screen shots because the first one is a preview shot used for the theme because I have the theme as part of my download section for members to be able to download and use if they Use E107
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I did some more updates and I changed the main Theme to a Theme I wrote myself based off the Mass Effect Game. Also, I made quite a few updates in the background of the code which fixed a few issues with a few bugs with the website. I am looking for Ideas and other things for the site.

I have an Interactive Chat program integrated into the site as well as the forums. You only have to sign up once and you will be able to log into flash chat as well as phpBB3 using your information off the site since both are fully integrated into the site itself. I am still working on the site design as well as placement of where everything will go once I finalize a few things on the code with adding a few new features to the site. There is a new Section on the site that is in the works a gold system where you gain levels and such off doing different things on the site and you can use the points you earn to do extra things on the site. Right now it is just in the beta stage right now and is not on the main site right now I am working on implementing it on the beta website and as soon as I get it up somewhat I will have the Beta Site opened to the public. In the near future the beta site will be only for subscribers and or people who want to donate to help keep the site alive. But for now since the site membership is small and the site is functioning without the need of any upgrades with the system but once the site goes mainstream the Site will continue to be free but will have a option to help cut cost and make gift donations to the site and that will allow members who donate get to have their own areas that only they get to have access too.

I am right now looking for idea for the welcome message on the site itself right now. I am looking for something that will be more in tuned for the site since the site is a Modeling and Gaming resource site. I am looking for an themed Idea for the since it is geared towards gaming and I want it to be informative yet also make the site tell the users more about what It is about then just being more technical and stating blah blah blah.

As it is right now the sites welcome message reads:

Welcome to the TTS Data Center.

TTS Data Center was created for the purpose of bring you quality services for your Linux and all other Open Source Needs.

The website in itself will be a resource site for obtaining the latest Distributions of the Many Different Linux Operating Systems. I am also currently working on a tracker for the site to be for use for Distribution of CD's and DVD's ISO Files of the Operation systems. I am hoping to have the site grow and as I can afford it make upgrades to the site and be able to allow more content for the site to be able to make it grow. Right now I have an unmerited Bandwidth. All expenses comes out of my pocket and I am hoping to be able to upgrade the server soon to allow larger Disk Space to be able to host more Files to be a better Mirror site for all Linux Distro's.
We are a new company in the works trying to bring you excellent services and customer supports.

The site is mainly centered around Support and other Open source needs as well as people who are looking for a home besides source forge to get there applications out there. The Site itself is basically to be used as a hub of sorts to bring more people together. I would like to do my part and help out as well and offer the Open Source Community to use to get there Programs, OS's, or whatever else they are trying to establish to get there content out to the populous.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Photo Gallery Added
I have added a Photo Gallery to the website for users to upload Game related Photos and screen shots of there Favor Games as well as be able to use though Photos in Forum post as well as for use for screen shots in case they want to have more for there uploads for a better Idea of what they mods doe. Must be a Registered User to be able to use this new function.

Enjoy
  • webbmonarken
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Sweden, LuleĆ„

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe your site is pretty nice but to me its too much clutter.
Its text like everywhere and my eyes is bleeding.
Maby you could remove some boxes, does the user gain anything from knowing that your site follows the w3c standard?

or that the site is powered by PHP, mysql and e107?
I think maby you should consider bigger text too. at least to the headlines.
But your site is not bad or anything, thats joust my thoughts.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I did some changes on the and moved some of the menus around and removed some most of the redundant menus if you can access them by other means. The Site is mostly a Developers Website for gaming Tools modes and other projects. The site is mostly Geared to Gaming but its aspects are much broader.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am always glad to see a site that offers different Linux installations. I personally like to play around with Ubuntu. Just a couple of design issues:

1. The giant square tile background doesn't really work for me. By reading your comments above, I know that registered users can pick their own theme, but that shouldn't hold you back from making a nice custom theme as default.

2. The main menu was easy enough to find for me, but I would do a little more CSS styling of the buttons, maybe put a background onHover effect or something.

3. Is this a phpNuke? Looks very familiar.

4. Nice to have a event calander, but you know what you could do to make that a little more cooler? Bring in the calander as a Ajax? You can do it easy enough with jQuery, which if you haven't heard of it is some seriously cool, and easy scripting library.

5. I think you might want to either tweak the padding or margin to have your content fit correctly in IE7. Right now, the center content is all the way down at the bottom, and there is an open space.

6. I would think about replacing some of the tables with divs. Just my personal choice. I have really gotten out of using tables, besides in forms.

All in all, it is a nice start, just needs some tweaking in my opinion.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website is a Modified E107 website with major changes to different areas as well as add ons that Am working on. The Mass Effect Theme is the theme i am writing myself that the main theme is now. Right now it is in V 0.03 which is the alpha stage of the theme. It is going through some changes right now as i am working on changing color as well as other aspects of the css as well as the tables and Div Right now i am working on the sourceforge aspect of the website working on setting up a SVN and other things over on source forge for the Developer sections
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are now Apart of SourceForge.net for my project section for the E107 CMS Plugins and Theme Sections as well as Project page for source code for my Maya Plugin that I worked on with Niftools. I will have my stuff hosted on Niftools and the rest on SourceForge So that you the users will be able to have axx to all of the space and my stuff will not take up space on the main server that the site is hosted so that I can dedicate all space to my users.
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I made some Major changes to the site Trying to fix all the issues pointed out with the site. Let me know what else you See that is Wrong with the site.

I am currently working on the SourceForge section of the site since My projects for E107 and my Online Telnet Game source Code has been approved by them as a SourceForge Project So I am currently in the process of moving them about over to there proper sections as well as moving parts of the site over to Sourceforge and Bridging the two sites into one complete Integration.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if u could do some changes to design that would be best.. or better if u can remove that tiles. That moving text "Mass Effect Theme" is irritating a lot.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Content and code-wise, it looks really good. I can tell a lot of work went into it. However on the design side there are a few quibbles...:

everything looks the same. no colors pop out, the menu font is the same size as the text font, my eye isn't drawn to anything in particular... I like the 'Mass Effect' lettering (I'm guessing it's original from the game) but not so much the 'TTS Data Center' title - it's got a white matte on it or something, and the edges look real jaggy. you should clean that up a bit, give it a matte same as the background color, maybe that metal blue.

the scrolling marquee saying 'mass effect theme' has really really got to go. it is very distracting....

also, clicking on the 'TTS Data Center' title actually opens another instance of your homepage in a new window. is that intentional? On the internal pages that title could be a link to the homepage, but why would you want it to open in a new window? (maybe there is a good reason - I'm just askin'... :D )
  • raziel23x
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a known bug that I am working on The PHP side. Someone Over on the Official Bethesda Website Offered to make a Theme for the site. That Mass Effect Them Ia m limited to what I can do because I am no graphics Artist. but the Scrolling Text I will make it go away on the next update on the theme when I am finished with the issues with the CSS and a few things added for further Customization of the Menus and such. I am hoping to have the Menu links to become a graphical road map with dynastic graphic buttons. I am also thinking of Releasing a flash Version of the theme that will be completely different then the one now to be more interactive and to be more on the site of a actual Futuristic looking theme
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

your coding work seems really good :D keep at it....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers