SITE REVIEW: ulsteinkickboxing

• partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

I`ve made a website for ulstein kickboxing club ( local club) and want some feedback. And for those who doesn`t understand norwegian, there is a english version too. 8)

http://ulsteinkickboxing.com/
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I really like the feeling of the opening page and then it all changes and goes white with some oddly shaped boxes that appear too large for the amount of content. And then it changes again once you select some other menu option I would have to say stick with that initial color scheme and use less hard boxes, then maintain the color between your home and following pages.

You might also want to look into using css and divs instead of the tables but then again if your not comfortable with them don't worry about it.
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The opening is used because it`s an effect I like and many of the martial arts sites, use it. And offcourse it changes when you go a step further. There is not a lot of text, but it have to be placed somewhere, so it can`t use the same layout/design.

I use hard boxes since I first started on that site for 2 years ago and then only new simple html. And instead of changing it I edited the original layout.

I use css for margins, color and fonts. I`ll may consider using div`s in the next projects.

My latest project is similar to this:

http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

partyjan wrote:
The opening is used because it`s an effect I like and many of the martial arts sites, use it. And offcourse it changes when you go a step further. There is not a lot of text, but it have to be placed somewhere, so it can`t use the same layout/design.

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I wasn't asking you to make the page look the same as your welcome page only maintain the same color scheme and perhaps some of the design elements. Then maintain that look throughout the site.

EDIT: Sorry about the no color comment apparently the colors work on the first page in IE6 and 7 just not in FF.
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan

Post 3+ Months Ago

so what you mean is to change the blue color in the background? Maybe to the yellow one (FFFF99) ?

Ive only tried it in IE6, IE7 and safari, and today in opera. Haven`t tried it in FF, yet. May take some tests in browser later on.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those colours are vey very hard on my eyes, really they hurt when I look at the page too long ...

What bothers me is that in your welcome page, everything is so nice and rounded and then on the actual homepage it's all square and no more of those smooth edges like on the welcome page ...
  • Darc3st1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darc3st1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the landing page.
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Those colours are vey very hard on my eyes, really they hurt when I look at the page too long ...

What bothers me is that in your welcome page, everything is so nice and rounded and then on the actual homepage it's all square and no more of those smooth edges like on the welcome page ...

Yes, I know. I think many have noticed that and think it`s a bit odd. The thing is that the main site is made long ago when I only had notepad and my knowledge about html was at the bottom. And therefore it was made by pure tables here and there wit no round edges at all.

But the front page, with the logo. Is made not long ago when I had photoshop and illustrator to help me out. It`s taht much easier when you have proper equipment. 8)
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will start using round edges in the future, I promiss;)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, So are you going to update the rest of the pages with the new look aswell?
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan

Post 3+ Months Ago

ehmm...I`m not shure, yet. If I get a good day, I might make a new template with the links at the top. But most likely i will start on new projects and update the information only if neccasary.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers