SITE REVIEW: Uncut Graphix

• sc@rface
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

this actually is my 1st official attepmt using frames, i wanted a site to dedicate to graphics, then soon after i ended up putting games, flash, and downloads on to increase my traffic, i like the site, i enjoy spending time on it

http://uncutgraphix.tk
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, your scroll bar, although pretty, doesn’t match with the rest of your site. Perhaps try some darker colors, rather then the light blue and white. (Although it looks very nice, maybe you should twiddle some your page to match your scrollbar. Heh, but that’s putting much more work on your hands)

You also should rethink you’re layout. Why is the main content on the bottom of the page? Wouldn’t it be better to have all your pages load in the middle of your website rather then the bottom? Your content is the most important part of your website, don’t hide it away. So while you can keep the “Explanation” of your website on the index page, make your content pop up in that frame.

You menu buttons also take up a lot of room. You could always make it so there is less space between them, or maybe even re-create them smaller. I realize the font you’re using needs room to show the detail, so you might want to find another font, or just twiddle with the current one some more.

Still, I remember my first frames page, and it was dreadfully awful. (Much worse them yours) Don’t give up, keep twiddling.
  • LordArnell
  • LordArnell
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the scroll bar statement. I would change the css statement to be black instead of white. I would also try to blend the center image into black in PS and redo the image in the top left since it shows clear jpg artefacts, but is pretty none the less. As for the image links, i would make them smaller and bunch them into some sort of console layout, making them look like some sort of blue control console or something.

What is the main purpose of this site? As you said earlier, it was for images & videos, but has it's content has got out of hand. I would post most of the stuff that aren't images and videos under an Extras link. The frame with the links in can make getting down to the bottom of the links tedious requiring a click and a scroll. If it wasn't for half the flash link that was hidden i prob. wouldn't of know there was more links below judging by the way the page moves. Hope this rant helps, lol
  • CODEX_QUEEN
  • CODEX_QUEEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

my nan always said if u got nothing nice to say then say nothing .... im saying nothing ;) .... sorry :oops: you will get there in the end :)
  • LordArnell
  • LordArnell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry if it seemed like i was being cynical, but you wanted by honest opinion. But I think it has a lot of good content!
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: seattle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you should make the left menu a little bid smaller so that your visitors don't have to use the scrollbar on the left.

And I would recommend to have the same back ground when the picture is opened the white background is not that nice when everything ells is black.
Also you should think about to put a link back to the graphix navigation in every picture (it's hard to remember from with site I came).

I hope those comment will help you.
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very hard to verify that you have a scroll bar on the left side. I would not have known that there was a scroll bar unless you told us in your orig. post that you were just implementing frames. Under your "FREE DOWNLOADS" are these ligimiate programs? Are they all legal to download? Do they need codes? If they needs codes then why do you support the d/l of them?

On another hand your graphics page is great. I love checkin out new graphics. Some are old to me but some of the other ones are newer to my eyes.

Well, Keep up the good work!

Just remember: all advice is good advice!
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko
  • Loc: Lancaster, Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, over all it's nice for frames.

All I truely see (from just quickly looking over it really) is there are a few gramical errors. Like you use 'wont' but you don't add the '. And if you're not going to add it, write out your contraction like: will not. See?
  • maxf
  • maxf

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a couple of things for you:

You may want to figure out another way to have the site put together (as opposed to frames). There seems to still be a lot of incompatibility issues with frames :/.

Also, the white/blue on black almost hurts my eyes. It's hard to look at.

Finally, you may want to get a little more creative with your tables, like adding "border=1 bordercolor=white" just to make things more interesting.

Besides that, the site is quick and looks nice. I like your animations too!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers