SITE REVIEW: UncutGraphix

• uncutgraphix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey everyone, this site isnt professional, it took alot of work to put together, its more of a hobby then anything, but i have goals for it, its fun, its organized, its not to flashy, on a scale of 1-10 imma give it a 6 or 7, but let me know what you all think

http://www.uncutgraphix.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc_Fbz
  • Born
  • Born
  • kc_Fbz

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site itself was not nearly as well done as the images themselves. To tell you the truth i was so impressed that i downloaded a couple and am using them as backgrounds. Even the right table was very well done but the left one did not seem to fit in with the rest of the website, and why are the buttons on the left so much worse than the ones at the top of the right table. I would rate the images a 9 or 10 and the site a 6 or 7. I also think it is very cool that you have a forum,i was wondering how to do that my self.
  • uncutgraphix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ill be happy to help you out, just catch me on aim, yahoo, or msn
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock: frames!! try using tables or css to get a better effect!

Whatever you're using to set the colours for your scrollbars, it only works in IE. If you're going to do that make sure it's cross browser compliant.

Using mouseover events are good, but I'm not sure it's serving much of a purpose here? how about making your mouseon graphic a little bit less "flashy"? You also don't need to advertize the name of your site everytime someone mousesover the graphic :P the font is terribly hard to read against all those bright colours as well.

Dont forget to use alt tags on all your images!

Nice backgrounds btw!

The buttons listed on your site along with backgrounds, are they there for ppl to view or did you want them to download and use if needed? If the lather, then maybe for the buttons, include original file formats, so that sizes and/or colours could be modified to the user's liking.

Try to keep your entire site consistent, right now the graphics section has a completely different layout.

I don't see it necessary to have a section titled "google" to do a search, since you seem to have the google search toolbar listed on some of your pages, you may as well just list it at the bottom of each page.,

Dont centre your text in the jokes section.
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have some cool graphics on your site i would try and make everthing mesh together i dont think the blue buttons match with the rest of the site and i think you should get away from using the frames but its a good start keep up the good work :)
  • uncutgraphix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is in the growing, right now its just a bunch of great content mashed onto a site.........i plan on making the entire site php but im still in the process of learning it

the google section was there before i had the graphix section php, (the google in the graphix is an add from xoopiter)

thanks for the constructive critisizm though, ill take it all into consideration when building the new layout
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was at you're website and in the bottom it said tracking, tracking.. no thanks. I got out.
  • Hated-Enemy
  • Loc: Fresno, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the footer needs some work, but other than that, its a good site.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
:shock: frames!! try using tables or css to get a better effect!

Thats not really true becuase css or tables can NOT replace frames but "Server Side Includes" can. In PHP file you would insert something like this where you want your naviagtion.

Code: [ Select ]

<?php require("inc/menu.htm"); ?>
  1. <?php require("inc/menu.htm"); ?>

You can do much cleverer things with Server Side Includes by separating more repartition of HTML.

Please Read this post "INSTEAD of frames, what do you use?" http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/instead-frames-what-you-use-t19323.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers