SITE REVIEW: Unhappyteens.com

• Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.unhappyteens.com

Unfortunatley my hosting for it only lasts till November, but I figure Approx. 5-6 months is good enough.

Right now I might not have much on it. I used to run the site with a friend and we would make and host tutorials and submit them to Good-tutorials.com

It got us up to over 1.5 million hits in about 1-2 months. So far thats the most traffic I've ever gotten.

That was back when we used e107 (http://www.e107.org). Its a CMS (content management system), and is very good but I worry about its security.

Anyhow, I've started the site over. I dont know where my friend is. I see him online every once in awhile. Last I saw him was 2 days ago he said he fell victim of a good online Monthly pay-to-play RPG game (no Final fantasy :P)

Suggestions, comments, anything like that would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a 88x31 button i can use to link my site to Ozzu.com?

Thanks

- Frostbyt3
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey. I think thats a pretty good site. You should get some more content. Navigation is easy and I like the way it is laidout. Loads up fast. Very good.

8/10

P.S.
How'd you do the "What Iam listening too" page on your site? Is it a script, or do/did you type it in?
  • Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a winamp plugin.

I had to make the link load the "mp3.shtml" page which inside it i have it linked to an SSI to the playing.html file.

I had to do it that way because the playing.html file didnt have the CSS Style I wanted and the only way I could do it the way I wanted was load it in to a different page. :)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

where do i get that plugin?
  • bjhess
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Owatonna, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it as well. The content will come.

One suggestion. Seems you have a ton of room for your navigation links...maybe you could widen your content area?

I'd personally prefer the main window to do your scrolling as well, rather than a small window. Of course, if you progressed far down the page, you'd be left with a lot of white space (gray space?) under the navigation.
  • Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here you go
-----> http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~ltnevala/nowplaying/

then make an *.shtml file containing your desired CSS...and put that

<!--#include file="playing.html"--> or however the script goes..i dont have it fully memorized :D

have fun :)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, thanks .
  • azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

:P Nice site dude, i was browing thru your site before and i liked the layout of it and it was pretty catchy.Well done on that!!!
Yet my negative points are that the site needs a bit more time put into some of the pages,like on your downloads page there is only 1 download on it.
Overall a good site keep it up dude :D
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the site dude.simplicity at it's best.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

In anything other than IE, the contnt looks bad because of the scrollbars. What about placing only one news item on the page? Or switching to a no-inline-scroll layout. Alos, widen the content area.

Don't forget to use correct grammar and spelling! Errors make people surf away...
  • Tudor.b
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Tudor.b

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add a hover on the links! It looks pretty static. Make the links change colors on mouseover :D
The site looks pretty good, overall speaking, but I`m an "anti-frames guy", so try to lose them!
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how you have the shadows to make it seem as if it were beveled from the background

and the background on the news page needs to be changed to the very light greyish blue on all of the other pages

on your tutorials page fix your tables to look like the rest :D

all other problems have been previusly stated

7/10 :D
lack of content
  • quietside
  • Loc: TAMPA, FLORIDA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have reviewed your site and I will give you the tootles on the design... there are quite a few errors in your scripting codes that need to be addressed as soon as possible...

Being in the web development business for over 12 years myself... there are a few rules that have to be applied here to make your site acceptable and also presentable....

Rule #1 - ALWAYS make sure all coding is in order before posting.
Rule #2 - ALWAYS make sure that your site is compatible with all
browser types (basically make sure you take into account
that ONE GUY/GAL who has a 14.4 modem and is running
Windows 3.1 with IE 4.0 (LOL)
Rule #3 - Make sure your Meta Tags are in proper order so the search
engine spiders will crawl your site properly.
Rule #4 - ALWAYS keep your content updated and ever-changing (if not
why should I, the viewer, want to come back?)
Rule #5 - Protect your site contents by copyrighting it...
Rule #6 - Make it worth while for your viewers by creating a forum to
discuss your contents...

There are so many other rules to follow.. but I think you will get the gist after a while...

Example/// that is what the OZZU site is designed for... Keeping web builders up to date and informed....

So do not take this review of mine as a slap.. please don't... Take it as concepts yet to be applied that will make your site more functional and more viewed...

Overall... Nice site....

Ciao 4 now....

Quietside :twisted:
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey quietside: welcome to the board! Good review you made. You don't need to apologize, though, if the author wanted a sugarcoated review I don't think he or she would have posted here... ;)
  • veryhip
  • veryhip
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is near perfect i think. the way you use borders with the right colors, and the wonderful color pick for the headers (blue). and the great images at top and bottom etc. just NICE.... i like the domain too... i sent you an email, i'll host you for free after nov if you like...
  • swooshn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • swooshn
  • Loc: college park

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome banner !!!!!!
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago