SITE REVIEW: Unique website concept

• ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have recently launched the site http://www.foranu.com.

Foranu is collaboration driven free service where users enter their car insurance data and users can search others car insurance data. This lets users save time and money in finding cheapest car insurance rate.

This site is for USA users but I am seeing that users do come to the site but do not register.

I request users to review the site and offer me constructive feedback that will help me in converting visitors to registered users for this free service
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"
on a white bg.

Yes, it is unique
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a typo (fullstop after the URL). Here's the actual link:

http://www.foranu.com/site/
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes there should not be dot at the end of URL. Thanks for correcting.
  • Rapt0r
  • Student
  • Student
  • Rapt0r

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks very clean and tidy. I like how it is simple and easy to navigate. Plus it loads fairly quickly and has good information.

Can't really find too much to criticize :wink: All I would maybe say is somehow make it more flashy or eye-catching.....but I don't know how you would do it, since, well it is a car insurance site.
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just one feedback.

PLease use the site and let me know what I can improve \ offer to convert the visitors into registered users for this free service?

Thanks
ForANu
  • Mysteryob
  • Mysteryob
  • Loc: Ukraine, Odessa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice but I dont like LOGO and I dont like that in Design I cant see CARS ... So site about cars and in Design no cars, so it is bad - I think so :-)
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The feeling of the website is very nice, but the quality of your jpegs and gifs is very low. Both in header and background.
  • questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it wasn't for the server error ... :oops:
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site and servers are up try again. the URL is http://www.foranu.com/site/
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the nice clean design, and your use of testimonials. I like the quotebox things surrounding the quotes.

One thing that I did notice however (it is a small detail) is that on the 'About us' page, it seems to be the only page with a header above the text. It says 'About us' at the top of that page. All of the rest of the pages do not. Take Feedback, or Education for example. Those pages do not have a header at the top of the page that says 'Feedback' or 'Education' right in the middle like the 'About us' page. I am one that likes uniformity in web design, so this is more personal preference than anything. Just thought I would add that in there.
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feeback guys, I updated the About Us page to maintain uniformity. http://www.foranu.com/site/AboutUs/tabi ... fault.aspx

One thing I did notice people visit the site but do not register. Is the website subject not interesting enough for people?

Thanks
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might want to put up a site map page, helps with internal linking.

I like the way it is put together. It grabs my attention, but IMHO doesn't hold it. I am not being offensive, but just telling you what my first impression of it was.

Try using picstures of people in your site, whether you use this to demonstrate customer service contact page, or family happy.

The colors go well together, but don't dominate any particular area. Everything is well blended together. You may want to mix it up to draw more attention to your fill search save. BTW I like that "fill, search, save"

I feel that if you used a different font and or color/graphic set up with:

Want to know what others pay for car insurance?
Join Foranu now, compare your car insurance rate with others and save

That could be a focal point for your visitors. Good job & good luck, don't take any of this information offensive.
  • Awakened-Soulja
  • Born
  • Born
  • Awakened-Soulja

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)
  • dck7777
  • Born
  • Born
  • dck7777

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is quite unique.. really useful..
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Cerebro for the detailed feedback. I will work on it.
  • ThomasB
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ThomasB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, did not work.Bad request.
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Should work. The link is http://www.foranu.com/site/

Please try again
  • rltek
  • rltek

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design. Good work. I think you should add a link for "Join Foranu now", it will make people more likely to register.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lots of content on your site. That's a plus. very good for SEO. The design is pleasing to the eye. Many would argue the page should expand to fill the screen but I think you've done a nice job of compensating for resoltions.
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. I will make the "Join ForAnu" link to increase sign up's.

I have been adding content to the site to make it more useful for the users.

Any feedback on increasing sign ups on the site is appreciated.
  • mefromfl
  • mefromfl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site is very clean and not too much to it, so there is not that much room for error.
  • nomax5
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't register, it's very rare I do, every damn site you go to asks you to register and the really annoying ones do email verification. it's a real put off.

I understand that you need details to make a quote, but what you're saying is Register or "F$*K OFF" which I did once I'd seen the "one page" available to me

you don't actually need my name to give me a quote you only need my details age etc. so why not stick a form up with fake details in and let visitors play anonymously and see how much they can save.

Let them fiddle with the details.

Then offer to save their details for future reference, when their insurance is due.
  • ForAnu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ForAnu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi nomax5,

Thanks for great feedback, it encompassed the possible hassles a user will face.

I am going to change the requirement for registration, there will be no email verification. I need username and pwd for repeat visitors so they can easily retrieve their information on next visit.

Plus I dont sell car insurance, the website is for sharing and searching car insurance data.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers