SITE REVIEW: Unlimited Image Hosting

• OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Allen,TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Http://www.1PixelHost.com

This website has been up since early 2007. It had major shortage because some time during mid 08' ,I had so many uploads ,my web-hosting company refused to let me host on their servers. After 9 months the page is back again and I'm heading for the mountains :mrgreen:

Its still in beta stage. In the next few days I will re-design banner ,and the front page will look a lot more professional.

Looking for some feedback. :)

Thanks,Carl
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure "professional" is the way to go with an image host. The ones I've seen stick around over the years have minimalistic, sometimes downright ugly interfaces and landing pages.

I think you've got the minimalistic thing going.

The "read our terms..." message is probably falling on deaf ears. Might as well stash that in the fine print because nobody who would need to read it is likely going to anyway.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, Thanks. Well the major problem I had few years back with that image host was p@rn uploads. It was massive . I had hard, very hard time keeping up with it. And 60% of it slipped away anyways. But I deleted the "read our terms..." . As far as the "professional" looks goes is I don't totally agree. The top image-hosts do look nice and clean.

Cheers!
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm quite impressed with this site. The main page has everything you want on it - a simple way to upload images. It's pretty obvious what you need to do to proceed. I also like how more information is available by clicking the links across the top. LIke the parent post, I agree that sites like this that seem to work are ones that are simple and easy to use. I think you've got that covered. Nicely done.

I did have one minor suggestion regarding the "Private" mode - how does private mode differ from the public mode? Perhaps when you click the "Private" radio button, a little div could appear explaining what the private mode does.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what you mean by "private" mode? You mean when you upload image/file, you can set it to be private? We are starting to really boom. We are close to 100 page views per day in our first 2 weeks since close out in 08'.
  • extr3m3
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • extr3m3
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The meta-tags are ok.
The first page is kinda simple. It is easy to use and this is very good for people that can`t use the computer as we can.
The random image is just for good design because nobody will stay and press refresh over and over again just if they are very bored.
I like the Contact us page but u should change the font of security image because it is not very good.
I just tried to say what I had in mind but you`re site is well made and I said all this things just to reach perfection.

How much money do you make with google monthly if you can make a gift of 150$? Or this is just for making them post pictures?
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

OmMEGGA wrote:
Http://www.1PixelHost.com

This website has been up since early 2007. It had major shortage because some time during mid 08' ,I had so many uploads ,my web-hosting company refused to let me host on their servers. After 9 months the page is back again and I'm heading for the mountains :mrgreen:

Its still in beta stage. In the next few days I will re-design banner ,and the front page will look a lot more professional.

Looking for some feedback. :)

Thanks,Carl

Very cool website. I hope are adding something more. As the title said, "simple fast" I tried it, and it is working very fast. No suggestion but just applause.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys a lot. I don't make much with Google right now. Max $20 per month. But that will change and I hope pretty soon. Website is growing everyday. Random image will be changed to "Image search" ,so everyone can search for what they want (image wise). $150 dollars gifts were for people to register.It did not work. They simply want to upload and be good to go. Visitors look for simplicity. They don't want to register and stuff like that.

I want to create a image host portal like no other. Forum/Blog/Directory.. I hope it will be done by the end of this month. I hope... Maybe my dream is big but one day I hope to make a living off of this image hosting website. I'm doing everything to make it best. In the future there will be mother website connecting to image hosting/forum and something similar to youtube. I'm far,far away from it but dreaming won't hurt.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since I last wrote, a lot has been changed. I would love to receive some new feedback :-)
  • newst10
  • Born
  • Born
  • newst10

Post 3+ Months Ago

OmMEGGA wrote:
Since I last wrote, a lot has been changed. I would love to receive some new feedback :-)

You website has a nice look and the ads are also nicely placed.

it does have a web 2.0 look but can be made better.Don't try to copy the interface other well run image hosting sites have,instead try to give it a very nice and clean look which is good for SEO optimization.

I personally don't like the logo ,its good but its not the best.

Since there are thousands of image hosting out there, you have to make it the best to keep your visitors from going away..

Overall looks good...i would rate it 6/10

All the best:)
  • frih
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you made it yourself? I think,I have seen this script somewhere else also, i think its a freebie script on some other forum.
  • mobius
  • mobius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site with an intuitive approach. Previews are always nice to have if possible.
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

frih wrote:
Have you made it yourself? I think,I have seen this script somewhere else also, i think its a freebie script on some other forum.

No, Its a Mihalism Multi Host script, although it is heavily modified by me.
  • FettesPS
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • FettesPS
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only complaint is the URI for images ends up being way too long. Between the not-so-short domain name and the extra get values it doesn't look too friendly. Take a look at imgur to see how they do it.

Also, using something like mod_rewrite on those URLs might help.
  • costello
  • Born
  • Born
  • costello

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think if visitor select file number dynamically. they can upload how much they want.
  • akya
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen this script before and I must say you have done quite a good job. But I seriously doubt the lifespan of any Image hosting services. There are literally 1000s of sites out there to choose from and this is a very competitive area. But I hope you can add some features that make you stand out. Good luck !!
Also I didn't likes the logo , its too big horizontally and not eye catching.:( Also the copyright text on that logo at the bottom appears grainy...
  • ournishani
  • ournishani

Post 3+ Months Ago

fast and light weight as compared to other peers in image hosting
  • userecho
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

When trying to load your site got message

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
  • evatw001
  • Born
  • Born
  • evatw001

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also got the same problem, can you site handle the load its going to get hammered with? These types of sites are awfully popular.
  • ournishani
  • ournishani

Post 3+ Months Ago

problem loading page...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers