• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, very interesting concept. I like the images, well done...couple things tho: first, what is up with the purple Dracunculus vulgaris graphic on the right sidebar? If you're going to show samples of your plants there, it should change with every page. Second, all the links at the bottom should be spread where informative throughout the site, not all grouped together and lastly, the slideshow should show up in the same window as opening a new window might trigger someone's pop-up block software. Overall, with those improvements, a great job, :flower:
  • botman
  • Born
  • Born
  • botman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it too, except is there any good ready for having the logo on the right instead of the left?

It looks a bit odd.

Edit: The menu is over there as well...
  • goplanit

Post 3+ Months Ago

botman wrote:
I like it too, except is there any good ready for having the logo on the right instead of the left?

It looks a bit odd.

Edit: The menu is over there as well...

Just thought I'd be different. It makes sense to me having the menu bar are on the right, most people are right handed so why keep having to push the mouse across the page?
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm yeah, right handed but that has nothing to do with where the mouse is on the screen. You'll probably want to move these things to the left as your site is very strange to look at. You have to realize that people read from left to right.. so this isn't working that well. Coming up with something unique is good but, I'm not so sure about this.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely not a fan of the right side menu. Typically now that spot is reserved for ads or other fillers, and the way you have it setup just doesnt seem right. Another problem I have with it, there's a lot of camoflauging going on. The dark font of the menu links with the green background just hide your menu too much. If you shift your focus to the content in the center of the screen, your menu sort of just fades away. And as a final note with the menu, the background just has a dirty cut off at the bottom. You need to blend it into the page and have a smooth transition. Look at the great effort you put into making the header background blend with the right menu background, then it just dies off at the end.

I'll comment on a couple of pages. The Help menu item leads to a page titled Terms and Conditions. Hmmmm.... that doesnt make sense. The Slideshow page, generally speaking, you want to keep users on your page, dont open things in new windows. I would re-work that section so it doesnt force the user to leave your site. In addition to that, the slideshow images should have some sort of caption on them, describing what plants we're looking at. What good is showing off your merchandise when we dont know the name of what it is we might be interested in?

Finally, just a personal preference. Your login page requires an email address as the username, I hate that. I've been forced to do it on other member sites I've been on and its such a hassle. I dont know about you, but most of my email addresses are like 25-30 characters long, thats a lot to type for a username, and such a hassle. Do you at least have cookies so that it remembers users? If so, then its not as big a deal.

Good site though, a lot of effort put into it and it shows nicely. Great job.
  • nero
  • Student
  • Student
  • nero

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Site, Very origional. i like the footer with the leaves.

If i were you i would change the color of the nav bar on the right side. or maybe use some image buttons as apposed to the text.
  • goplanit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the feedback, I've certainly got some ideas to work with.
  • Gemwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gemwolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Easy to browse. Personally I don't have a problem with the right hand menu - although it's unusual, nothing wrong with it.

I agree that there are some awkward colours that put some strain on the eyes.

And the "purple Dracunculus vulgaris graphic" is very odd and confusing in the right hand corner.

And if I make a suggestion: You made good use of small pictures (thumbnails) - how about a "click to enlarge"?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

great effort. I like the graphics.
good to have contact number visible on home page or on all pages though. makes it easy for customers to find your contact phone instead of clicking on contact page.
  • MusicPuddle
  • Born
  • Born
  • MusicPuddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good website, great looks.
Only one thing. its just my personal likes but having the website fit the whole page I think would make it look cooler.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

goplanit wrote:
A review would be appreciated.

Urban Jungle - Exotic Plants

Thanks

Sweet site my man, my only thought is that the menu on the right should be framed with a ovel background. Maybe a small border around the oval as well.
  • angiek
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the graphics and the colors, but like everyone here, I am not so fond of the logo on the right site.
The header could use a better layout, concerning the online shopping and the sign in links, I would put them close to eachother, align them under the text "Exotic and Unusual Plants" and change to be to the right of the logo. That will change the odd look of the header.
Also the Sign In should have it's page inside the site not as a pop-up, especially now with the pop-up blocker software used.

:P
  • ric

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. you site background picture is good but i takes time to load homepage, so better to reduce reulation.

2. To many link in the bottom footer which little bit keotic

3. it will bit problem to see the sign-in as link

4. after click search we found some result (but the title of searched item is italic which seems to me noisy)
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. try the left side logo, menu, etc.

2. I'd change the font-formating to CSS with some spacing around each section (using the paragraph formatting CSS).

3. try not to use "center" formatted text. Looks tacky.

4. Nice site, original idea, nice work!
  • TyWalch
  • Born
  • Born
  • TyWalch

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks great, i like the nav bar on the right side but thats just me. the images arwe great and its not to showy
  • jah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website overall.

You need to get better quality graphics, higher resolution. Right now it looks to cheap. Especially the footer and the logo.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers