SITE REVIEW: Urban Lifestyle Blog

• aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I have setup recently a magazine-style blog on urban lifestyle issues. The URL is the following:

http://www.urbanlifestyleblog.com

Except for the Video section, there is already some content in there. I am looking forward for your comments and recommendations.

There is one topic I am a bit concerned about, maybe someone with more IT background can look into this: I heard that the website is blocked by the corporate firewall settings from a relative who was checking it out, and the website is identified as malicious, or similar by the company. I thought it might have been the template, but I have another website with the same template, and that one works fine. Also, my relative has no issues browsing other lifestyle blogs, urban lifestyle blogs, men's blogs, or similar. I am concerned that there are other firewalls or search engines, which might categorize my site as malware or not appropriate.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• benek666
  • benek666

Post 3+ Months Ago

quite nice, although there is much information like for one site, I'd rather shorten the head and leave only categories or the sliding stuff, and then made one topic for one line - not two
  • aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your comments so far.

@Benek666: Not sure if I understood correctly... did you mean, that the header is generally too high, and visitors need to scroll down too much in order to see the articles?
  • benek666
  • benek666

Post 3+ Months Ago

@aleks77: yup, exactly,
but you know, it's just my subjective feeling :)
  • samerh
  • Born
  • Born
  • samerh

Post 3+ Months Ago

interesting content thanks
  • ptrNode
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: GB

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice website, good footer and elegant choice of colours.
  • snipercameron
  • Born
  • Born
  • snipercameron

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the content on this blog is very attractive to many users. I was glancing through the topics of your subject matter and it seems very informative. I like the colorful scheme with the thumbnails along the top. The font in the "featured" slideshow on the right side is a little hard to read, could be a tad bigger, but other than that, very attractive site.
  • rdurham
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I really like the color sheme you choose for the website in the upper third of the page. The website itself is very user friendly.

I did notice however that it appears that the last articles were posted around October 22, 2012 For stick-ability you might want to post articles a little more frequently, to give the website the impression of new content and regular updates.

Google and the other search engines love active websites, and this could eventually affect your rankings.

There are loads of freelancers out there for a nominal fee who will be glad to assume website management, and update with fresh content as often as your budget allows.

Regards,
Ron
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 30 days ago

Hi! aleks77 really nice performance and really outstanding performance one of the best ever blog which i have seen ever and also the contents of the blogs are really very nice and theme and colour mix done in the website is really good and outstanding.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers