SITE REVIEW: Variacom

• peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any suggestions on improvements would be welcomed and appreciated.

http://www.variacom.com/

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is ok, but I would try to make the banner at the bottom the same widthe as the top and maybe (really not sure about this part) a background to define the center section a little better, but that might not be needed.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

About the design:

1. The rounded rectangles are not perfect, they look a little blurry to me.
2. I should move the "Valid XHTML 1.0" image to a footer. It's not that important. is it?
3. The colors are too hard, you should make softer colours that combine better with your header. I should certainly change the yellow.
4. Maybe you can make 2 collums instead of 3. That will make the whole site more clear. It's a bit messy to my opinion right now.
5. If you click onto another page, you see another design in the content area, that's a bit distrating. Try using the same design for the whole site.

Don't get me wrong, I like the design. Sorry if i'm to critical
  • emma
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am no professional far from it but my first impressions where i like the site then like above my mind changed i feel the colours are to strong i really think this would help the look if you changed some of the colours.
The flash on the other pages are great I really like the look of them.
I think some of the linked pages from your homepage are much better looking than your homepage.
Hope this helps a little.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the only colour bothering everyone is the black, it's too much of a contrast against the other colours ... I also think you're using too many colours there on your homepage, I see there yellow, purple(background), another shade of purple(menu), gray, beige, 3 shades of blue and white ...

I'm going to agree with "Fabinator" on this one ... the three columns are too distracting, I don't know where I want to start reading first ...

Then on "in the news" page the menu suddenly disappears, what's with that? I think it'd be better if you keep the menu the same way throughout, then a user can browse to any page from any page ... On the same page, when I click on one of the links on the left hand side, all the other links disappear again ... very confusing to internet noobs ...

Then on the forums page, there is no link back to the "index" of your site, which once again can be very confusing to internet noobs, and also frustrating to more advanced internet users...

Now seeing that the "website-design" is done by the same company, why does it have it's own "website" (basically that's what it is) as opposed to just adding on to this one, or this one adding on to that one (sharing a style)?

To me your "software" page looks the best of them all, 2 columns, not so many colours ... Although, I would still think about changing that beige colour to something else ... I doesn't eally fit with the rest of them (in my opinion) ...

And then your support site is again different from all the others, It's even better I think, except for the logo that leaves those empty spaces ... But that colour scheme works much better for me ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers