SITE REVIEW: Veopod

• deep034
  • deep034

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://veopod.com

Any feedback is appreciated ranging from user interface to the actual function of the website. Your first thoughts when you saw the website homepage? From looking at the homepage, what did you think the website is about? Any other comments are welcome.

Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just Visit Your Home page

One your home page in Listing of Items, Each item name is followed by Three links
Like,
Add to Play list
and Go to Video Page

But when i click on like it struck on the item even i am not registered at that time.
If i am right , it must take me to option to make a account or login.

Thank You
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all! 8)

i went to the veopod.com and registered but when i tried to play a track (actually, "baby" by justin bieber) it didn't play showing something like "this video is disabled by its user". sorry, but i don't know the reason of it :(

anyway, thanks for suggesting a new website!
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Front page is cluttered. Imagine standing in the middle of a crowded room full of people throwing iPods at each other and yelling at the top of their lungs "What do you think about this video?" over each other, repeatedly. There is no flow or sense to any of it - it's just happening, for no apparent reason other than to be happening.

I kind of get what the site is about - it's Youtube without the name and a touch of social networking added for flavor. Which would be... youtube. (You're even siphoning Youtube videos.) Oh wait, what's the purpose of this website again?

@a4asit - probably because the website doesn't actually store videos on their servers (from what I can tell, anyway) it's just siphoning videos from Youtube into a second player for Veopod that embeds its own links (so it's loading 2 players, one for the video and one for the player handling the player handling the video). So if the user is disabled or altered with on Youtube's end, then it will be the same for when you view it on Veopod.
  • deep034
  • deep034

Post 3+ Months Ago

"But when i click on like it struck on the item even i am not registered at that time.
If i am right , it must take me to option to make a account or login."

There was some work left unfinished, that was one of them. It's been fixed, thank you for pointing it out.

"when i tried to play a track (actually, "baby" by justin bieber) it didn't play showing something like "this video is disabled by its user""

That is an unusual problem even I have seen it occur but it works when you refresh.
  • BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

deep034 wrote:
http://veopod.com

Any feedback is appreciated ranging from user interface to the actual function of the website. Your first thoughts when you saw the website homepage? From looking at the homepage, what did you think the website is about? Any other comments are welcome.

Thank you

I like the website what kind of script did you use to make it? I looks like a Vedo script mixed with a social network script? Overall I would increase the logo size a bit. Other then that it looks good.
  • deep034
  • deep034

Post 3+ Months Ago

BestTechnology wrote:
I like the website what kind of script did you use to make it? I looks like a Vedo script mixed with a social network script? Overall I would increase the logo size a bit. Other then that it looks good.

We made veopod from scratch but it uses some open source scripts/software like jQuery, memcached, and plan to use Sphinx search in the future. The video player was bought and we did some minor tweaks to it. You can find quite a few video players if you search on google.

"about the logo" It used to be bigger but then ended up changing the header so the search would show up on all the pages. Will probably end up changing few things but for now its new and we want to give it enough time to see some results.
  • AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not fond of the color scheme. It's a bit dull. I'm guessing that your site allows you to create a playlist of videos, but there are several sites which allow you to do this already. With the way your site looks it doesn't really stand out. Why do you have the login buttons for social networks right next to the videos? Generally I see that put in with the create account page.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 45 days ago

It looks good and nice and also most suitably it looks like an user friendly website.Yes, the concept of the website is easily understandable by every user on his first visit to the website itself.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers