SITE REVIEW: VeraciousMedia.com

• JordyC
  • JordyC
  • Loc: LONDON, ENGLAND

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone. Before I begin I would like to say that I have taken over VeraciousMedia.com since my friend started it about 2 years ago. It has been mentioned in this forum before I believe but I have diffrent packages, Features ect.

VeraciousMedia.com is a SHOUTcast Hosting service. We host your SHOUTcast Servers allowing you to stream over the Internet to other people that would like to Tune in and listen. With our Management System it is easy to configure your server and we can have you setup in just Minutes. A full price plan is located under PLANS on the website. We have multiple options for you to contact support such as,

Live Help

Submit a Ticket

Forum

We have fully trained staff waiting to answer your questions 24/7. All our servers have a 100/mbit connection and have great tech support ready on hand incase anything is to go wrong.

Thats all I have to say right now. I will let everyone Review the website and leave feedback.

http://www.veraciousmedia.com

Thank you for Reading.
Jordan

Features of VeraciousMedia - AUTODJ - PORT 80 PROXY SUPPORT - 24/7 SUPPORT - AND MORE....
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick Note I wanted to add. This site was created by myself. I am no Website Designer expert but I try. It isnt as good looking at Professional Flash Intergrated websites but I gave it my best try. Please dont be put off from buying a server because of the website design. I offer all the features it shows and I am dedicated to your support if you may need it.
  • DigitalInsanity
  • Born
  • Born
  • DigitalInsanity

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think It looks pretty good, I would say get rid of alot of the caps and try not to plaster the website name all over, other than that looks good to me. /shrug
  • surfville
  • surfville

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its design is good But please do check the alignment of the site in firefox as its not centered and the background is too big. But the color combination is pretty good. Just a slight adjustment and it would be awesome.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. I think you need to explain in the most simple terms your cost and what "slots" mean and if the rates are monthly or weekly. I know very little about how shoutcast work, but I would like to know more. I actually want to do one. Hey got an idea, you give me free service and I help you with the site :)

As for the design, I'd say it's a little outdated. :( The colors are cool. But it looks so boxy. These aren't the greatest either, but they use some modern layout ideas.

http://www.live365.com/index.live
http://www.slacker.com/

And I hate scrolling stuff. It just takes me back to a time when the web was a thing of mystery :) I think you could have done something more with the navigation as far as rollover. I think some Flash (just a dash) would bring the site to life more. And some stock photos. Some images would also bring the site to life a little.
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Zaiah. Thank you for your reply. You can learn more about SHOUTcast and how it works if you visit the GUIDES section. I offer a 24 Hour free trial service if you would like it. Just submit a ticket to Support and use a Correct/Working email address so we can reply. Visit the TRIAL page for more details. http://veraciousmedia.com/Trial.html

I know it may not seem as nice as other website these days. As I have said before I am still around a Novice+ Level at webdesign so you will have to bear with me on the site design. Flash I dont have one clue how to make anything in Flash just yet but im going through some tutorials. I am very proud to say that its my site as I created the design myself, Good or Bad. I chose not to go a quick way around and get a template. Not everyone can have a site they are visiting to there likes as in the Navigation bar ect you mentioned but I will see what I can do over the past couple of weeks when I have time to get the site looking better.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if you would like some help PM me. I'm not a expert by any means either. And if want a Flash animation or two, I'd be happy to help out. I'm always looking for interesting stuff to do. Take it easy!
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

definitely needs a footer
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

What should the Footer Include you think?
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

company name, copyright info:

Copyright Veracious Media. All rights reserved.
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yea I forgot about that. Thank you.
  • Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The digitized guy speaking is overmuch and doesn't sound great.
Your colors don't match, you can't use all three tel blue and orange.
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well thats your opinion and I respect it. However I am not changing any of the website design Just yet.

The animated guy I dont think is too bad and well if I was to add another that explains what we do at VeraciousMedia then the site would appeal to the Disabled aswell. Well in somecases anyway. However I am still deciding to eithier keep him or not. For now I am trying to save and buy my own Server, However the servers we run off currently are brilliant.
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is to the reply mentioning about the adjustment the site needed. I had a go at this and just wanted to know if looked like it was fixed or not? I've always seen it as center on my screen for some reason in firefox when others dont.

Thanks, Jordan. VeraciousMedia.com
  • mostexpensivedotcom
  • Born
  • Born
  • mostexpensivedotcom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try Joomla outlay
  • JordyC
  • JordyC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whats Joomla outlay?
  • Garala
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Connecticut, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website is taking some time to load.

What is up with that? Not good sign!
  • Mat_Gascar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mat_Gascar

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the animation in the top left corner! The layout is good, except as someone else said, it would be great if you aligned it properly. I don't really like the Marquee and where the Quick Links is placed. Overall probably a 7/10.
  • Jordy26
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jordy26

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you got any reccomendations on places I can get some good Hosting templates for Joomla?
  • Jordy26
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jordy26

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with alignment Mat is, I currently see it perfectly center from my house. Im not too sure why others are seeing it otherwise.

I'll try do what I can but its hard when I cant see what you see unfortunatly. Anyone got a screenshot?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers