Voting Chart

Total votes : 17

Rate the Site (please don't be like me and vote the lowest one just because it's there ;) )

•  
    5 (best)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

SITE REVIEW: Volconvo.com! (Update)

• SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have created a site that provides a fresh, and relaxing space for debates of all kinds. Right now we only have 3 main Sections, but we're only two weeks old. I have about 1500 posts, and 120 members, so we're off to a good start!

Soon we'll be adding some great forum ideas submitted by our users...so I need all the feedback I can get as we continue to grow out of our beta form and into our final stage!

http://www.Volconvo.com

P.S. If you vote, please tell me why you came to that conclusion :) Just common courtesy!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Liverpool - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think this site is really niiiice..
its nice looking, but simple.. i like that :D
also, those forums seem to have alot of good topics in..
id have to say, well done! nice work and keep it up :)
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

• epic1231
  • epic1231
  • Loc: NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with the above, I like the how easy the site is to navigate and the forum's look like they are intresting and will expand very well for you with alot of good member support.

Best of luck with the site

Warm Regards,
Bill
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

uh oh, all positives ....help lol..must avoid ego trip..and get ripped apart ;) Thanks for the feedback man
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site dude.... nice, simple, easy on the eye...
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

alvse wrote:
Nice site dude.... nice, simple, easy on the eye...

thanks...oo I wonder who gave me a 3...erm lol
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I didn't vote the lowest one at least... just cause it was there... :D
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Scribbler
  • Scribbler
  • Loc: New Castle, DE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Although this may be repetitious, it's a very good site and a lot of the participants on the forums are pretty sharp and most of the posts are very well thought out. The whole site looks good but as an old moderator from way back I have to say it's the content of the discussions that make or break this kind of site. You should have no worries about that, as the content is varied, the posts spirited, and most of the posters intelligent.
Hopefully, my new site, which is similar in intent, will have much the same level of intelligence and spirit. I even registered on it myself.
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

email me at volconvo@yahoo.com if you want some help, or even want to merge concepts. I'd love to hear from you.
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site but i think that you have a bit too much reading on the home page.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know, I think the reading on the first page gets you in the mood. The questions are easily readable on the first page at least, so if the question is of interest, then I don't mind reading a little bit into it, which I think will arouse further interest and get readers to head over to the forum. In that nature, its different than Ozzu, because at Ozzu people also come for help (with just that little bit of debate :wink: )

While I think the site design and layout is fine, the colors are a little bland/washed for me. But that's a matter of personal taste.
  • zijer
  • Loc: Iran

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice and simple, best name ... i like it ... VOLCONVO , it's look like a circle . nice color .
if u change the keys ( like LOGIN ) and replaced default key of form with ur custom key , like a simple box with outline and light color i think it seem better .
totaly nice ... i like it
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe..thanks :D Yea, I don't know how to change the buttons.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

What can I say except the site is very well set out. The forums are excellent. I have seen many sites try and do the same and fail.. So yours is deff good to see. I like the colors and the layout is very easy on the eye. On the front page with the posts that you can read in the main column can you click to go to that post in the forum or just to the member who posted it? Ahh I see click on the last poster... Might want to make the heading/title do the same as that is what I was trying to do along with a friend.

I joined it was worth it..

I grabbed your email from the post above if that is OK?

Good luck with the site!
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, please email me if you have comments/etc...thanks for the C&C
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Very simple. I think it could be approved upon by maybe adding more color or images. Its a decent site.

I just think its missing the vibrance. That's about it.
  • FroSt
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Holland, Friesland, Sneek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and Simple..

You get a 4

[blur]good job m8[/blur]
  • NGene
  • Loc: Finland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent forum... I gave you a 5. :D

The discussion seems really interesting and the participants intelligent and educated. It's the people who make the forum, and the people and discussions seem really great, so that's why I gave you the 5.

The look is simple and easy for the eyes, which is a good thing. Some people might want some more graphics or fancy colors or stuff, but it isn't necessary. It's actually better that there aren't too much bells and whistles getting in the way of what's important: interesting discussion.

However, I have a suggestion on the colors. They're almost fine, but I find the red a bit too bright. How about changing the red from #FF0000 to something like #990000 or #AA0000?
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks NGene for the suggestions and the rating :D I'm afraid the color red has to stay. I want to keep it branded :D

www.volconvo.com
  • willstein
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • willstein
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.

i've actually been here before i saw it posted on ozzu.
checked it out, looked around. enjoyed it lots.
don't remember where i saw it, just clicked cuz our domain names are somewhat similiar.
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys,

you gave me some great help when I was making the beta of my site (like 6 months ago).

Now my site is pretty much all done..I had school so I kinda had to forget about it...

http://www.volconvo.com

P.S. if the width of the featured topics square is a little too wide..I can't figure it out..it's an IE thing that I'm workin on :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I moved your update post to your original thread -- so you'll find your update here on page 2 (or just change the order of the threads to see it first). For future reference, we like to try to keep ongoing topics within the original thread. You could have posted this there (even though it was buried three pages deep) and it would have brought it right to the top like I just did. Then you could have also updated your subject to reflect the update like I did. Just an FYI.

Thought your site looked good btw -- I just glanced at it quickly. I'll try to give it a closer look later.
  • SeanT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok...thanks..I think
  • jesselong
  • Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, but I think the contrast (colours) is a bit much. Great Forums tho. :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers