SITE REVIEW: vortexwdesign

• vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I guess its my turn....
Well here you go... i'm always looking for some feedback but this time I'm asking for feedback on my own site... This is a first in a forum but I like this place and from what i have seen you give some good feedback, so here you go.. hope its not to bad!!!!
http://www.vortexwdesign.com

This is my new site design.
Thanks
vortex
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice design...very clean look. The only thing I think hampering it is that your middle content seems to drag on a bit long. Feels like I scrolled for a mile. You might want to consider some kind of flask movie or something to present that content by the titles they already have. Otherwise, good looking site. I like it.
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site is very well put together. Thanks for the refreshment
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. On the homepage there is just too much information.
2. The top bar is clean and has a fast mouse-over.
3. Your top logo above the navbar could be better.
4. I think you need an actual logo for your company. Not just the name.

Overall: 7/10
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your input,please keep it comming,
I am going for speed not just the look....the look is a good point of any web site but thats not what is going to get you a sale,,,, I say let your work on the other site you have built be your sale to a new client...
just my thoughts
thanks
vortex
  • TI3STO
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • TI3STO
  • Loc: England, UK.. West Yorkshire.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice and clean, the logo could do with being a little more attractive, split the info on the main page in 2 pages so less text & more room for templates.

8/10.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. Nice Nav bar. Looks great. Rollsover fast, good effect. Except, don't make the rollover colour the same as the one on the side of the nav bar. Not very good.

One issue I absoloutely need to raise is the order you've positioned your links in the nav bar. Have Home as FIRST!

Overall, it's great :D
7/10
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

makes you think ha.....
thanks
vortex
  • fire_lady
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fire_lady

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design and layout very clean and simple.
Job well done. :)
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thank you for all your input
  • SB_GEMINI
  • Born
  • Born
  • SB_GEMINI

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good youve done a great job there :)
  • sky
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sky
  • Loc: uSa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great and "trustable"
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of time spent,,,, trying
Thanks all
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. Another thing I would like to bring up is the quality of the pictures. They're starting to get fuzzy and blurry. Just be careful with that.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks,
And I will look at this part

I just updated the web site lastnight
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea. Looks great. Keep up the great work!
Best of luck with your website :thumbsup:
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wondering what the site looks like on a mac,
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you need to know what it looks like on a mac, then how will you know what your clients' sites look like on a mac?

Work on your pagerank. I looked up "vortex web design" on Google and Ozzu was the fourth match :-)

When I right click on your navigation bar, it loads the page. Why?
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

To answer your questions:
I have a friend of mine who uses a Mac, its just that he’s away on vocation at that moment but other then that I have 6 browsers here that usually tell me what it would look like but you never know. Most all the web sites that my company builds go through a lot of test before they are published to the net.

When I right clicked on the menu bar it took me to the page I was clicking on, I had no problem.

As with the Page Rank, the new web site was just launched less then a month ago, please give it some time.

Thanks for all the feedback
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to follow Section 508 http://www.webaim.org/standards/508/checklist You can start with the basics like ALT tags to comply. Your forms are very Accessible well done.

As for the design the green bit of the nav don’t really match and could do with using white text on the nav? The Logo design could be much stronger and looks rather amateurish… consider using a modern font maybe even white out.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback,
Yes I know about the Alt tags, and there is much more to do with the web site.
I have been doing all kinds of things outside of my own web site, I have not had that much time to spend on the site.
A new header is in the works
Been updating my software and doing allot of accounting, everything just takes time, i'm happy just to have a site up at the moment!! there is only 24hr in a day.
I think I will stick with the green for the moment, some people seem to like it, so.
I do understand your points though, thanks
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design. Very easy to navigate. I look up to that. One day maybe I could be at that level :wink:
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I really like the site. But on FF I see right above the navi flash buttons on the top of the site, the black bar above it on the left is aligned correctly....but on the right its too long. Nice site.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

vortex wrote:
When I right clicked on the menu bar it took me to the page I was clicking on, I had no problem.

But that is the problem. Right clicking is expected to bring up a contextual menu, not navigate to a different URL.

vortex wrote:
As with the Page Rank, the new web site was just launched less then a month ago, please give it some time.

I was only joking :)
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:
vortex wrote:

But that is the problem. Right clicking is expected to bring up a contextual menu, not navigate to a different URL.

vortex wrote:

I was only joking :)

I do know what you mean; I just don't know how to fix it. The program that I am using to build the menu is new, so maybe I may have something set wrong, I would invite any suggestions?

I guess for me its hard to ask for help sometimes, I am a web designer and hate to say the words I need help, but what are forms for anyway? I will never say I know it all, because I don't. I am in the process of learning more about CSS, I do know some of it but there is so much more that I would love to know, Lots of questions. At one point I thought I was good at all this, went to college and after some work got a masters, back then CSS was there but not anything like it is now, then after being out of the seen for around 3yr there is so much that has changed but the truth is that if I don't ask I LOOSE and so do my clients and I cant let that happen,,, so anyway there is a bit of insight.

So now, does anyone have any idea on how to get out of using the embed statement? The tag name: "embed" Not found in currently active versions.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]

I do thank you all for your insight and help.
  • CIDR69
  • Born
  • Born
  • CIDR69
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you ever find a solution for this issue?
The tag name: "embed" Not found in currently active versions.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]
Thank you
CIDR69

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers