SITE REVIEW: I voted for the Donkey but the Jackass Won.

• canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

check it out

comments and feedback are appreciated

O yea, enter the contest and win!

http://www.thejackasswon.com :P
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome site. *bookmarks*
  • canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks.

Did you enter the contest ?
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

where's the contest? i can't find it... :?
  • hyperActive
  • hyperActive

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome site with my thoughts exactly. One thing though, I don't like the large black footer you have at the bottom. Maybe spice it up a bit by adding some other different designs or colours.

THis is especially annoying when you're buying a shirt and the content takes up only half the page with the black footer taking up the other half.

Other than this, its an awesome site!
  • canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

The contest is right on the homepage under the What's Dubya Thinking heading.

Thanks for the great comments and check back in for great new contests and stuff as we're working on this daily.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great job!

Agree with the black footer....it seems like something is missing!

Keep up the good work!
  • ronburk

Post 3+ Months Ago

The bulk of the text is too small for older people to read (exacerbated by the choice of black on white). The text also ignores the user's IE Text Size setting, insisting on the teeny font no matter what the user asked for. If you're thinking that fewer people over 40 buy T-shirts, consider whether the fact that they are more likely to have ready cash balances that out.

Likewise, the T-shirt images are unreadably small. With so much graphics and such a slow-loading page, there ought to be at least one image of the T-shirt where you can actually see exactly what the printing on the T-shirt says and how it looks.

Your choice of Meta keywords (which won't help you much with search engines) does not particularly jibe with the words you placed in your <title> element (which can be quite significant to search engines). I suspect you could do a better job of working relevant keywords into the title.

I did not see any <h1> tag, which is generally only a bit behind the <title> tag in importance when it comes to SEO.

The contest is buried amidst a sea of shouting graphics. That's OK if it's not a particularly important task to get users to perform.

For selling such a very small product range, that's a lot of clicks to get through to make a purchase. Since it kinda looks like you already rely on JavaScript, consider making a 1-page order page that lets the user do everything on a single page (or at most, 2 pages).

Good luck!
  • PriceComparison
  • Born
  • Born
  • PriceComparison

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to review three sites...

This is I liked the most.... from the name I thought
it was going to be a stupid site. But this one is
well designed and very professional.

I am not even sure if they actualy have printed shirts about 2004 voting or not?

Anyways...

Very organize and well layed out.
Good images and graphic work.
Nothing I can complain about.
Very few web designer can achieve this level of quality.

Good Job!!!

And yes.... I voted for the Donkey too, but I am in Texas... of course the JackAss won

Huh... Well...

Andrew AT PriceComparison.com
  • eyell
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Nice.

Good site, good layout, easy browse.
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love your site! Because it touched a nerve in me.

I would like to comment on it. But that subject is very depressing for me.

I might actually buy one of your shirts.

:(

I'm from Texas too...
  • intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, nice site. I think the colors are spot on. If you find that not a of people are participating in the contest, i would have it stand out more and be a little more prominent. when i went i didn't really notice it at first. and with more people you only have a few seconds to get their attention.
  • canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

ronburke. Is the text really that small? It's 11px which is a pretty standard size for all the sites I do. (this could mean big trouble lol) Honestly, I've always assumed that people with declining eye sight just set their screen resolutions to 800x600. :oops:

As for keywords and h1 tags ...I know, I know... but this thing won't fly past February most likely which is about the time all the optimizing would kick in . :wink: We're hoping that enough people feel the same way as we do and will share our link, buy a shirt or bumper sticker to spread the word.

Intrepid. I couldn't agree more about the contest although we do have a lot of great entries. :wink:

frank-tudor I can relate to how you feel. "what the heck happened?" We want everyone to keep the discussion going even though the election is done.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! We'll surely take it to heart and make the neccessary changes.
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have seen one Bush Bashing website you seen them all. Funny liner but it is pretty old. Sloganistic, bashing.. yeah great website.

W
  • Hated-Enemy
  • Loc: Fresno, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well layed out.
I would give it a 10/10

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers