Voting Chart

Total votes : 14

GOOD OR BAD !

•  
    GOOD
  •  
    BAD

SITE REVIEW: WAN2DESIGN.CO.UK - 3D ANIM & MUCH MORE !

• diegomh7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK- Sheffield

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey people !

This is the new version of my company website, im open to feedback on it so have a good look around, their is both a html dial up version and a full flash broadband version, flash chat room and lots of hidden extras in the site i.e colour changer,

the url is

http://www.wan2design.co.uk

thanx guys

diegomh7
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

your web site looks nice, good colors, good design. I test your web site with Firefox 0.9.2 and at page "services.html" the categories are to big.
The image with the clouds is not at the place where it should.
After a test with the validator of W3C the page "services.html" is not valid HTML 4.01 Transitional. It should be reworked.
  • diegomh7
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx,

ill look into it,

did you see the flash version ?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

the 3d animation at the top is way off.

you have some water streaming and some plasticy 3d thing spinning around...
not right tbh

the graphics... where the bends in the interface are, they seem very pixelated.

the colours you have chosen are nice, the blue works well, the font used could be altered tho, i think a pixel font would look much nicer, but that just may be my opinion
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "dialup" version's main page takes 335 kB to load!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font on top of the rocks and the water background is hard to read!

Yea dialup version takes too long to load!

Check your site in all possible browsers b/c right now the site shows screwy in FF but fine in IE.

Your Sitemap takes you to a completely different looking website! I know it's the same one but try to keep it consistent so that the viewer doesn't get confused. For a second I thought we were on a totally different site.

<link href="css/inner%20txt%20fields.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> This style sheet has spaces in the name, NEVER PUT SPACES IN FILENAMES! It could cause problems down the road. I found some other docs that had spaces. Rename them all. If you don't want to do it one by one, (which I don't blame you for) there is a search and replace tool that can do a find and replace for spaces with underscores or whatever else you want. It's called NameWiz It's just good technique to not put spaces.

Try to use CSS instead of inline font tags.

Near the bottom of your document I noticed you had
<tr> </tr> Get rid of it. It's not necessary since you don't seem to have any table data within.

Good use of keywords :)
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

diegomh7 wrote:
thanx,

ill look into it,

did you see the flash version ?

i see the flash version. With a modem speed the most of your visitors will not wait for the complete load of your web site. I think the flash is not the best way to bring the visitor back again. A small fast loadable web site and a good navigation without special effects is better for your visitors.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site doesn't look very professional at all. Your portfolio has that whole little PDA thing going on but it just doesn't work.

Don't put unfinished pages in your portfolio!
  • MrChico
  • MrChico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I think the overall impression from the site is very good.

The 3d graphic at the top adds a lot in my opinion, but it's not everyones cup of tea. Maybe you should look for a graphic that looks less "techy" and would appeal to more people. Think more in the direction of Pixar than CyberRobots. Something lighter and more playful.

The cloud animation at the top right is out of context, and seems to have nothing to do with f.a.q's. On its own it's quite a pretty animation, but when you put it where it doesn't belong it dents the professionalism of the site.

I would also reconsider the "live chat" balloon-button. The whole site is animated and full of fx, so the static, non-animated "live chat" button doesn't seem to fit in. When I roll my mouse over it I expect to see something happen, but nothing does, so it doesn't fit in well with the rest of the site.

You did a good job overall, but there is always room for improvement.

Good luck,
MrChico
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the site definitely gives a good impression that you know 3d. Good animation and loading. Really nice site.
  • inferno_gogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can say you overthrew a lot of links on the first page. maybe decrease the number if you can, or make a better organization like a left column or something. makes it look cheap. but i love it cause its 3D. 3D is always awsome to include.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice wed design. Easy to use site navigation and the layout is appealing to the eyes. The sites in your portfolio are quite impressive as well. I'm going to put a link to your site on mine if you don't mind.
  • Webmaster K
  • Born
  • Born
  • Webmaster K
  • Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strong use of 3D. You definitely know your stuff! I would like to see the animations play a bit faster though. As for the weird sounds when you press buttons on the PDF... that may not leave your visitors with an impression of professionalism. Overall very strong design.
  • diegomh7
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fantastic feedback people, thanx a lot everyone,

good news is im thinking of redoing the whole thing again ROFL ;)

later,

diegomh7
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your none of images are smooth..and I think without smooth image and shape a website never success on design layout. And atleast where you say for broadband there should be smooth images...isn't it? am I wrong?

Thanks.
  • diegomh7
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if your right, cant really understand you lol

:)
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your all images are blocky..I mean "PIXELLETE"...I hope I don't have to explain what is pixellete. All have problem with compression technique.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your design and I think the graphics are great. The live chat client doesn't work tho, might want to check that. Don't really understand what the clouds on the right sidebar are for and FAQ section should be a button in the navigation bar. The flash animation is well done and the adjustable color palette is a fun feature. Overall, nice site.
  • parangat
  • Loc: Mumbai,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Utility : Well i think couple of features such as live chat and colour change are ok.

Design : Header flash and rest of the design do not match. I think if u remove that rotating 3D flash and just keep the image background it will look good.

Important thing to note here is that it takes very long time to load a perticular section in your flash site.

Good effort. i think by few minor changes this can be improved a lot.
  • 01wojtowicz
  • 01wojtowicz

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is too much small print put it on another page
  • the_menace
  • the_menace
  • Loc: Sacramento, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a great foundation of what you know about designing graphics and flash. I think you should learn how to enhance your taste when choosing graphics. The site is not bad at all. I just see so much flashiness when it can be simplified a little bit and look more professional. You know what I mean? The layout could be re-arranged a little bit...take things slow.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers