• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• brandrocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brandrocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Depends a lot on the quality of visitors you want. To get high quality traffic you need to try out SEO, posting in relevant forums, use mySpace and tell everyone about your website. Otherwise, you can get some visitors by taking part in traffic exchange programs.
  • calvin_w
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • calvin_w
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

brandrocker wrote:
Depends a lot on the quality of visitors you want. To get high quality traffic you need to try out SEO, posting in relevant forums, use mySpace and tell everyone about your website. Otherwise, you can get some visitors by taking part in traffic exchange programs.

Like What ?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like try sticking a link to your website in your signature for all your forums and stuff. And on your website, use mete tags that describe the content of your site and related content. These things would be a good start. Anywhere you can put a link to your website, do it. If you look at how many people use the internet, somebody is bound to visit it. And the more places have links to your site, the more likely it is to show up on search engines.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

calvin, you have to use BBCode in your posts. HTML is disabled here boardwide. I enabled it in your profile.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh WOW, I think you have other things to worry about far greater than traffic flow to your site. :)
  • delstu
  • delstu
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

get rid of the marquee
get rid of the wizard
these distract your visitors attention from your content

write some content - lots of it - the more pages the more traffic from search engines

what is your site about?
put it right up front
visitors should know instantly what your site is about

have you chosen your niche?
have you done your keyword research?

there is a lot of work involved in developing a site that attracts visitors
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
Oh WOW, I think you have other things to worry about far greater than traffic flow to your site.

That's the truth ...
  • RTG101564
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RTG101564
  • Loc: Wilmington, DE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Calvin....I went to your site. I must concur with R-Trespasser and OriginNO. It definitely needs some work......I'm pretty new at desigining web pages myself, but this is a train wreck. I took your poll about the site and it seems that 67% of the visitors feel the same way. Look at what delstu wrote and don't loose heart.

It never feels good when someone tells you your baby is ugly.....But you can at least improve yours....
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys, if I recall correctly calvin is a bit on the young side. Give him a bit of a break. Actually this post should be in reviews so I'm moving it there.

calvin, I'm going to lock this post. Please give at least three very good reviews of other people's sites in the reviews forum, then PM any online moderator and we will check your reviews and unlock this post per our board policy. We do this with anyone that wants a critique of their site so others can benefit from your reviews, and you get better reviews for yours.

I'm also removing the link to your site. Once you've provided three quality reviews and we unlock your post you can hit the edit button and add your link back in.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers