SITE REVIEW: Weapons Of US Military

• tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is my first major website and is no where near compleated
can you please review my website http://www.weaponsofusmilitary.com any feedback would be greatly appreciated

also if you are interested in exchanging links, or if you need free hosting please send me an email tennisaceflink@gmail.com or say so in your review
thanks
--Flink
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very blocky.
The White and black contrast kinda hurts the eyes.
Lots of errors when validated Check Here

Seems like it woulde be an interesting site though.
  • wildridge
  • wildridge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
The layout is not professional. I like the content. You should look for free web page template. Thats is better than this.

Jobette
  • Nathalie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nathalie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, tennisaceflink.

I think you should definitely change the design, use some "army" colors. May be it's really better to use some free CMS. That is what I do for I am not good at website building as well.
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

- You are using too much space in header. I see no reason for push some biggie menu font.
- I'm not a web designer myself and my design skill is really bad but all I can say is your color scheme is so bad. Sorry to say this is the worst site I ever seen. How the hell people who came to your site might interested on your web hosting banner? or even your paypal donation button (at the bottom). It doesn't make sense. You just put image up and let it run. Why don't you give something to your visitor such as a good content or a nice picture, even community about us military weapons.

Suggestion

- Optimize your using space by
1. Use smaller image
2. Keep them as a group and make them stick together at horizontal line.
3. Remove your web hosting banner and place it as sidebar banner instead of current position.
4. You have to change overall layout. Your site seems as a useless one at first impression and forced people close them instantly after visited.

- Add some content. Your site has "no" content at all, only a plain image. Why peoples are willing to donate you if you give nothing to them?

- Decrease menu font size to make it more optimum. Change your current CSS either.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews!
  • BigSplashWebDesign
  • BigSplashWebDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pictures are neat and all but the layout could really use some help. It does not look professional. Check your pictures too. Some of them are really slow to load. You should check the compression on them.
  • Cmp-Network
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

your graphics and images are not loading up
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have fixted the images they load now and i am currently reconstructing the layout
  • Racer47
  • Born
  • Born
  • Racer47

Post 3+ Months Ago

A better layout would be good. If the subcategories would pop up closer to view and not at the bottom of the screen maybe (aircraft section).
  • IcyDragoon
  • Student
  • Student
  • IcyDragoon

Post 3+ Months Ago

........ Horrible

-The site looks plain with nothing...
-The layouts are terrible.
-suggest you look at other similar sites and try to learn the reason why they are so popular. (learn from them not copy them)
-bulding a static site != a good idea
-there is a login system in the site, but doesnt work/ doesnt seem to work with these unknown 3 buttons.

=================================================
Overall: Terrible!
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have fixed it now the reason that the thing was messed up was cuz i didnt upload all the files all the files are uploaded correctly now
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you make those buttons?
If the rest of the site was only as good as those you'd be well on your way...although I'm not quite sure why some of them are all uppercase and some are mixed.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am currently in the process of transforming the old pages into the new pages with the new set up what does everyone thing about the new layout?
  • LLC5enterprises
  • Born
  • Born
  • LLC5enterprises

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not a big fan of having a whole bunh of different styles in one site, when I click on a link and goes from green to red and black I am not very impressed.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

as i said before it is currently under constructio so thats why there are so many differen chanes in style
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

My advice to you is to use what you've done on your first (home) page and apply it to every other page. All of the elements need to be sized differently in my opinion. You have all of these large gray blocks that are used for various things like links back or match info.

It appears as if you have no margins or padding between elements so I would add that if I were you.

I understand it's an ongoing project and I think it can turn out really well with some more work.
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your design is very slopy.. also your css code is very poor in being organizes, i would suggest CHANGING the layout.
  • philasingles
  • philasingles

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your special forces page... i think there is too much white in your footer, just an imho. Last 5 or more white lines in the footer are not necessary
  • danephillips
  • danephillips

Post 3+ Months Ago

Find it very boring and not much to see ?
  • surfville
  • surfville

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a good design for a military look site although the loads is a little bit slow.
  • Ripiajo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ripiajo

Post 3+ Months Ago

This does not seem to be working. None of the buttons or links take me anywhere, and the layout is broken with some of the text overflowing to the right out of the screen.

I am using Internet explorer 7.

Good luck
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys i have changed a lot on my site please let me know how else to improve it
  • tereaa
  • Born
  • Born
  • tereaa

Post 3+ Months Ago

should add more photo in you site
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I reviewed this site before, but I came back and actually went through all of the navigation. Is it me or when you click "Equipment" "Weapons" and "Special Forces", it's like you are taken to another site. A site much worse. :) LOL. You have to be at least somewhat consistent with the design layout. Can I ask exactly the purpose of the site? If I click on some of the items, I get the feeling that is about Military Equipment. But when I look on the home page I see something about "matches". Is this a game of some sort? If I'm repeating stuff already said. It's because I have really bad ADD and I didn't read all of the other posts. Also, you gotta optimize your images. If not they load extremely slow. Also the sponors boxes are tooooo big. You don't want them to overshadow your site. And I think would place them a little further down the page. I couldn't get the "Contact" page to open at all. A rollover on the navigation would be really nice.
  • heihei
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • heihei

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is not really good but it don't look bad. Okay your site is currently updating .
  • CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: St. Louis MO. USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

LoL not much I can say on this site, I think everyone above me pointed out all the problems. This is obviously a template you downloaded and used. Nothing wrong with that its a great way to start learning design flow.

I think your home page is the best you got going so build off that make the rest of the pages look like that. This should be a dynamic website. Not sure if your using sever side scripting or just making this static.

I would suggest a book here.http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/productCd-0782142796.html

This is good book that will help you design a site that is dynamic and teach ya some neat tricks to keep your pages constant. It will also teach ya some server side scripting.

On your home page you should deffenantly make those big gray side bar buttons much smaller. Its just way to over whelming and will distract your vistors from the content you have on the main page.

Your special forces page looks nothing like the rest of the site that again goes back to consistantcy. I'm trying my hardest to find something positive to say about this site, but its really hard. Not to discourage you, just keep working on things people mentioned and it will eventually come together.
  • mtheory
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Branford CT

Post 3+ Months Ago

"We are currently updating our site so please check back soon"

Even if this is temporary. You should get rid of the half way done part of the site till it is completely updated.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have updated the site drasticly with more images and information

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers