SITE REVIEW: Web Based Ftp

• reynaldosheppard
  • reynaldosheppard

Post 3+ Months Ago

With http://www.ftp4net.com , you can access any FTP account through a Web interface - no matter whether there is a firewall or not. You can use ftp4net for the complete administration of your homepage, downloading files or just making small changes.Its a total web based ftp solution.

I hope you will find this site useful. Please leave some comments or feedback
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

A very interesting site, but I'm a little unsure about giving an unknown website the login details to my webserver!

I'd change the below:
Quote:
... downloading files or just making small changes.Its a total web based ftp solution.

to
Quote:
... downloading files or just making small changes. It's a total web based ftp solution.
  • reynaldosheppard
  • reynaldosheppard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alex thanx for your valuable comments. I want to assure you that we don't save any passwords . but still you should maintain your safety.
300-400 people are using your ftp service in a day, so i think they are not doing any wrong.

Regards
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

reynaldosheppard wrote:
With http://www.ftp4net.com , you can access any FTP account through a Web interface - no matter whether there is a firewall or not. You can use ftp4net for the complete administration of your homepage, downloading files or just making small changes.Its a total web based ftp solution

I think you need more information on why people should tell you their passwords. I did not find it: it gives the impression that you do not care about security.

The colour scheme of the developer blog is very different from that of the front page. Why? It is nice, but why is the text grey instead of black?

On the front page: what is that orange and the grex men doing there? They convey no meaning.

MM
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

Template looks cool to me and we need a brief description about for what purpose we should give login details.
  • WestCoastSpirit
  • Born
  • Born
  • WestCoastSpirit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Nice concept, clear simple yet efficient layout. Seems to be have a pretty nice coded backoffice.

Tested anonymously and everything was fine and fast. Some minors errors in the French language pack to be fixed.

I would personally not link the admin section from the home page, even if you have a strong login/password behind.

You may add some kind of help with specific options such as "passive and SSL, for example

You may also testify how secure and confidential the thing is; Some may feel uncomfortable with this concept.

Raphaƫl
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Going on the series of comments about security, or lack of it, and however good or attractive the mechanics of the site may be conceptually, I think that a lot of people that use it may be in breach of the TOS (terms of service) with their hosting company and therefore probably also liable to have their account cancelled without notice and without appeal.
  • maccam87
  • Born
  • Born
  • maccam87

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site i think its pretty cool i like the way the home page is short but sweet and loads very fast

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers