SITE REVIEW: Web Design and Development Redesigned Site

• katierosy
  • katierosy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Friends,

Kindly check out our redesigned website Sourcebits specializes in iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Facebook Apps and Games Development.They have also added new services like iPad and Mobile. Kindly have a look at the following pages in the website and let me know your feedback.

http://www.sourcebits.com/

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Rosy.
Moderator Remark: Link anchor text removed
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

For some reason sites that actually do look good never seem to get any reviews here so lets see what I can do.

From a code standpoint you have quite a few validation errors Available here. I'd look into those since it is kind of what you do ;-) Also I was a bit suprised that you don't have a "mobile" version of the site with some format changes. I assume that your target audience will using mobile devices and you'll likely get quite a few views from other platforms. That said it does all work quite well on my iphone.

Visually the site is very well done. Although it I might worry that it could look dated very quickly as that style falls out of popularity. I only have a few minor points.

1. On the home page the very large gap between the case study and the text block seems strange. I find tat I focus on that space first and then the text or image. I think simply shrinking that space would solve the problem and it would help with the legibility of the text since it seems a bit cramped to the right side of the page.

2. Also on the home page, the "current" state background in the carousel really bothers me. I can't put my finger on the problem but it seems out of place. Possible solutions that I can think of are a border or gradient to match the "window" below.

3. I have a somewhat similar issue with the portfolio pages but this time its the large container for the portfolio content. I think its taking too much visual prominence and actually detracting from the project icons. Not sure about a solution here except to suggest going more toward the white of the tab so it looks like one piece and maybe providing more of a visual border along the right and bottom.

Otherwise I love the cleanliness, speed and general usability of the site. I think its a good representation of the business.

On a totally unrelated topic, since you've received such a long review from me it would be appropriate if you would review a few more sites in this section with similar insight and depth. Your previous reviews are a bit lean.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks fantabulous. My only grouch is that the layout doesn't fit within a 1024x768 display.
  • Kevinwills
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kevinwills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site look very clean,but the display of page is something large,otherwise its nice layout.
  • khbasha
  • khbasha

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is excellent, here are my comments

This page has 11 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
This page has 23 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.

Decreasing the number of components on a page reduces the number of HTTP requests required to render the page, resulting in faster page loads. Some ways to reduce the number of components include: combine files, combine multiple scripts into one script, combine multiple CSS files into one style sheet, and use CSS Sprites and image maps.

----------------------------

Suggestions:-

Use sprite images to load it quickly & faster.
Use footer with a bg to show it more richer.
Follow Facebook & Follow Twitter buttons text is not much visible.
  • jg333
  • Born
  • Born
  • jg333

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really good looking website, but I had some problems to view it on iPhone.
  • Ionisis
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a really nice looking website, but like it's been stated previously, it's just a tad bit wide.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woot i need a iPhone developer soon, haha do i get discount for Ozzu referral haha

But as for being too wide my 1650x1050 Wide screen looks great on it. Must be a wide screen thing

Email from Zealous Development sent on site for quotes :)
  • woopads1
  • Born
  • Born
  • woopads1

Post 3+ Months Ago

site looks good,the bottom footer area needs improvement is all over the pace ruins the rest of the site appeal.,and the fonts hard to read slightly darker would help,otherwise looks great
  • Mustafa_Aslan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mustafa_Aslan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks really good but the pop-up ad window opens full size and covers whole screen. I would put the pop-up on exit.

Regrds

Mustafa
  • JonsonL
  • JonsonL

Post 3+ Months Ago

1 of the cleanest looking website I ever lay my eyes on, really beautifully designed. On the design perspective, I have no words as certainly sir you are a pro. What I can recommend to you is that maybe you would like to integrate some social media sharing functions like facebook like, google plus, twitter tweets and so forth. Visitors/Customers who love your development services may want to recommend to their friends so why not make it easier for them to do so. I would definitely give you a google plus at least just because I love your site aesthetics :)
  • j1mb0jay
  • Born
  • Born
  • j1mb0jay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great colour choices and I love the menu.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 15 days ago

Hi! katierosy Just now I have a look at your website it is really just mind blowing,awesome,marvellous and in simple words to say really I am stunned on seeing your website. Hats off man for the great work you have done. Really outstanding and counter - attacking performance I could feel what hard work you have done in the creation of your website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers