SITE REVIEW: Web Design Site

• mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my site for web design. Its basic. Any Pointers?

http://www.heavycashflow.com/webdesign.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jpellizzi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your color scheme isnt appropriate, the blue doesnt make me feel "wealthy" - You could go for like an extremely high class style, very "royal". Just a thought...
  • akdiver
  • akdiver

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey

Dont wanna be mean but your look makes the whole thing seem shady. It looks a little to much like all those other "get rich quick schemes"
Im not saying that yours is one of those it just looks like it is.

Now how to fix it. Its hard because im not the most creative but...

1. The site doesnt fit in my browser i have to scroll horizontally (just a personal issue i dont like that)
2. You need a common theme across all pages. I suggest getting a header with the company or business name in it (so it looks legit) and a navigational bar down the side on every page.
3. Your pictures seem scattered and no layout on the page.

I like your idea i was thinking of doing it but i didnt have enough time to promote such a site. Good luck with it

p.s i clicked on a couple of google adwords for you (and me) :)
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks cheesy and fake!
Not keen on animated gifs

looks like you've plonked a lotta stuff in a little space on the main page!
  • malprave
  • Student
  • Student
  • malprave

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, you say that this site is "new". How new?

I ask as I see your webcounter at +-4256, but you have a PR0. This is a very competitive market. Try to differentiate yourself from all those other "make cash online..." - you could do this by redesigning with a single style. Using CSS is helpful and help with SEO.
If you're not a seasoned designer, then you should maybe consider a template. There are some very profession ones out there; some of them are even free.

Just a thought, as I would think twice about buying some intangible good from your site; (although you will probably tell me you have had some sales - as we cannot fathom innate human greed.)

Try, try, try to improve that PR. I know it's a new site, but the earlier you get QUALITY backlinks (NO link farms), then the sooner you"ll get a respectable PR and the less likely you'll be discouraged by minimum traffic.

:arrow:
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK All those tech terms got me confused. Rate my site and put the help in terms I can understand please. That would help out a lot. Thanx
  • malprave
  • Student
  • Student
  • malprave

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO stands for search engine optimization (optimisation if you're civilised). There are countless articles on this topic; search for SEO on Google.

PR (PageRank) is the Google's measure of importance of your site to the internet. Again, there are countless article related to this - including Google's official report on it.

CSS is a search engine friendly way of creating website's by using little or even no tables. You may want to search for "css website template" on Google.

// If you do your homework; your site should become improve in both performance and credibility.

• mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check me out now, tell me whats up. Huge Update. Sorry for those that didnt see the site before. :shock:

http://www.heavycashflow.com
  • malprave
  • Student
  • Student
  • malprave

Post 3+ Months Ago

A quantum leap. You're now presenting a credible website.

• Mephistox
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mephistox

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.heavycashflow.com looks nice, but http://www.heavycashflow.com/webdesign.html still looks kinda shady.

also, those templates don't seem like anything special. Nothing better then I could find for free at various sites. Maybe you should think about making them look better and more desirable?
  • xaphalanx
  • xaphalanx

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Shady" would be a good word for that site. The layout is confusing. I'm not sure at anypoint what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to do...
  • vasam
  • vasam

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

- orange looks better than blue
- layout non informative and doesn't match theme.
- replace it with professional looking design
  • tkditf
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tkditf

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi mic,

im not to keen on the blue, i think its to bold / bright for the rest of the site. try to tone it down a bit or choose a different colour.
  • southerngurl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • southerngurl
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't much care for the blue color either. Maybe try a more slate blue color. The site is kind of plain and generic looking. Just looks like it needs more time spent on it to me.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow I saw heavycashflow.com a long time ago when it look pretty bad and shady. Nice improvments! Im a tad bit suprised on how far its come.
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps you should add a portfolio. That may help you out a bit more.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers