SITE REVIEW: web design

• jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm working on a new design for my site and was hoping to get some feedback. None of the top links work yet.. I'm trying to get the overall feel perfected before I start adding more content.

-link removed for google's sake-
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Littlej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Littlej

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice and the ying yang thing is good, but theres two things which I don't like.

1. How everything just sort of floats there, I think you should have some sort of container, maybe just with a plain coloured background or a slight gradient.

2. The repeated background just seems a little to noticeable for me.

I like the creamy brown colour you've used though and the site does look quite nice. :)
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Overall, it is decent.

I like the hover effects.

I agree that the repeated background is noticable. You may want to blend that better.

For a web designers website, I was not totally blown away.

If I was looking to hire somebody, I wanted to be WOWED.

I love the cosmetics website you created. The centropaninoteca.com website was also very nice.

You have a good start.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Littlej wrote:
It looks nice and the ying yang thing is good, but theres two things which I don't like.

1. How everything just sort of floats there, I think you should have some sort of container, maybe just with a plain coloured background or a slight gradient.

2. The repeated background just seems a little to noticeable for me.

I like the creamy brown colour you've used though and the site does look quite nice. :)

Hey Littlej, thanks for your feedback!

I tried adding a container, let me know what you think. I haven't added any gradients to it yet, but that could be a good idea.

-jameson
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

twalters84 wrote:
Hey there,

Overall, it is decent.

I agree that the repeated background is noticable. You may want to blend that better.

I love the cosmetics website you created. The centropaninoteca.com website was also very nice.

You have a good start.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com

Hey Travis, thanks for the feedback. I know exactly what you mean.. I want to wow potential clients with this site. I'm finding that it's tougher to design for yourself than it is designing for someone else...

-jameson
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks pretty good, I never saw it before you made the main container though. But the container looks a bit tiny in my 17" 1024x768 monitor, it is kind of dwarfed by that sky background. And maybe rather than having a page that just loads and sits there, make something exciting happen while it loads. I am kind of picturing the two halves of the ying yang kind of spiralling in together.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
It looks pretty good, I never saw it before you made the main container though. But the container looks a bit tiny in my 17" 1024x768 monitor, it is kind of dwarfed by that sky background. And maybe rather than having a page that just loads and sits there, make something exciting happen while it loads. I am kind of picturing the two halves of the ying yang kind of spiralling in together.

Thanks for the feedback, kc0tma. I'm working on a way to vertically center the container, so it doesn't look quite as shrimpy in large resolutions.. anyone know of a way to do this that doesn't require a million hacks?

That's a cool idea about the yin yang, too.. I might have to Flashify that part a little when I get time...

-jameson
  • kkrizka
  • kkrizka

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes a long time to load on my computer, and you might consider some brighter colors.

I do like the front page, and it's very catchy. The ying-yang design is great, and since the site is about web design, this shows you know what you sell. The however effect, and how it's an "eye" is a great idea.

Also none of the links work, you might want to fix those. ;)
  • DB92
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • DB92

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good, proffesional looking website.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

kkrizka wrote:
Also none of the links work, you might want to fix those. ;)

Yep, I haven't added any of the other pages yet.. still deciding on the overall style. I've been putting some more work into it lately, though, and I think it's finally starting to come together now. Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'll post a new thread once I'm done making changes...

-jameson
  • Core2Quad
  • Core2Quad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please send me a link at PM so that i can help :)
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, but this thread is pretty old by now. I'm actually starting to plan out my next redesign, though, so I'll be looking for help again pretty soon!
  • eddygman
  • Born
  • Born
  • eddygman

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a good start.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

eddygman wrote:

You have a good start.

You're really gonna just copy and paste twalters84's review so you can get credit for giving three reviews? Really?

The link to my site's not even on here anymore.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly, that's just sad. I really don't understand what goes through people's heads sometimes.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ummm... nuthin'??? sure looks like nuthin'.....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers