SITE REVIEW: web-starters.net

• Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok here's my very first website with my own domain and host. please. review it gently :lol:

it's a website for aspiring webmasters to guide them on the basic things that they should know and have to create their own website.

http://web-starters.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean template. you should really get rid of that javascript message. or at least add some cookie to it so that is displayed only once.

Tutorials are just forums too, so nothing special. Your website has nothing special. It is just a forum with a different homepage, which I do not really think is necessary.
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

the javascript is just temporary to inform my old members about our new website and that the database has been reset so they have to refister again.. i will remove that soon. for now i'll just make it show once per browser session..

i don't think there's something wrong with using forum for the tutorial pages, i just find it easy to use instead of making pages for each tutorial.. :lol: but i'll think of putting it also in an html page.. :wink:
  • jdrost
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jdrost

Post 3+ Months Ago

The javascript is anoying, I like the content of the webpages.

http://www.tripple-d.com
  • dhweb
  • dhweb
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks very pro to me , only those pop windows make me want to runaway, I don't really think you need those.
  • Jump_hard
  • Jump_hard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love how your forum page and the whole site fit in perfectly
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have removed the javascript pop-up message and just put the announcement on the forum.. that makes me feel well. :lol: no annoying pop ups anymore
  • MasterZ
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to try my hand at reviewing websites, this is my first review so I hope that I make it useful.

Without looking at any other reviews of your site, here are my thoughts:

Looks very nice

..ok, I guess you want more than that :)

I like the template, it looks clean and navigation is easy to use and see. The entire site has a professional look and feel to it.

The site loads very quickly making it easy to navigate even for impatiant people.

The only part I don't like is that you have to login to view some of the content, but I see why that is needed.
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your reply, i will edit the permissions to let all visitors see the tutorials even without requring them to register.. :wink:
  • walterkilis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • walterkilis

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the color scheme, very nice!
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

walterkilis wrote:
I like the color scheme, very nice!

thanks but can i have more comments or suggestions please.. :lol:
  • wonshikee
  • wonshikee

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has clean layout and colors fit well.

I'm not sure what you set the input password box for default, but there shouldn't be any for pw
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

wonshikee wrote:
The site has clean layout and colors fit well.

I'm not sure what you set the input password box for default, but there shouldn't be any for pw

the password box is set to be empty upon clicking it inside.. :wink:
  • advango
  • Born
  • Born
  • advango

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page has a good feel Seems a little basic, but I like it and its clean lines
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gmarvz wrote:
ok here's my very first website with my own domain and host. please. review it gently :lol:

it's a website for aspiring webmasters to guide them on the basic things that they should know and have to create their own website.

nice design. but poor in content i have to say.
i know u want to profit from adsense, but make the site 'USEFUL' so there is returning visitor. if nothing is there, then its a waste to visit.

put more content, useful content i mean.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I would agree with the post made by charlesgan above, your site is nice in terms of aesthics but your content is lacking at this moment.

Your tutorials are held on your forum, thats fine, a lot of sites like to do that sort of thing. What I therefore suggest is that you link your new posts into your index page. For example, set some SQL code to retreive the 5/6 most recent posts [ either starting posts or reply ] and then output them on your index page.

Other than that i had an enjoyable browse, but then again it is 6am and this software law essay is doing my head in, so most things are looking more interesting tbh. :P
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

charlesgan wrote:
Gmarvz wrote:

nice design. but poor in content i have to say.
i know u want to profit from adsense, but make the site 'USEFUL' so there is returning visitor. if nothing is there, then its a waste to visit.

put more content, useful content i mean.

yup..but you have to expect that for a new site like mine.. i'll put more contents on it as time goes by..thanks! :wink:
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just want to ask if where can i find a tutorial on how to spawn or catch the last posts on my forum to my homepage? i think that would be nice
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh.. seems no one answered my question for quite a long time.. anyways, i got what i want from one of the members in my forum check it out: http://web-starters.net/ last posts from our forum is now available on the mainsite..
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt
  • Loc: Ciechocinek/Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like huge logo on the top.
I chose tutoria > basic html > text tags ang get 404 not found (and other links the same).
Home and about us is the same link (directory index).
You need more content, I think.
Learn more to teach - it's my opinion.
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comments...

fyi.. i have just uploaded yesterday the introduction page for the basic html and the others are not yet available.. it will be available some time soon..

about the 'about us' page.. yeah i still don't have it.. i forgot it because there are many more important things that i did for quite some time..

and yes, i know that i need more content.. and for a site which is a few months old, we have to expect that.. :wink:

thanks again

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers