SITE REVIEW: Web Template / Personal Site

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my personal site but I plan on remaking it because I make a design and then think its crap (just me). So I would like you to tell me what you like and dislike about the design, and if you think it could sell for anything.

It also has a template for comments that is the same as the template is self.

http://www.nytrovil.com/
http://www.nytrovil.com/v2/comments.php
  • Datetopia.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Datetopia.com
  • Loc: Datetopia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The green template looks smooth.

You could try adding more color into the content. Maybe, in example, make the links go red on hover?
  • sarpras
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sarpras
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Good site.

Please change your templates
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your review Datetopia.com, but im not sure if changing the hover to such a different color would be just a good idea. Can you give me something to back up the idea?

sarpras wrote:
Hi,

Good site.

Please change your templates

Im not sure what you mean by, Please change your templates
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the use of the base green, but I'd like to see a darker shade for the button text, it almost gets lost on the background.

The link colors in your content frame are fine, just change the button text.

You need to address the fact that I'm getting a vertical scroll bar even when there is insufficient content to require it (Netscape 7.2).

You might want to also adjust your table width to 760 px, not the 800 that you're currently using since a Vscroll bar uses up some of a 800x600's real estate.

I noticed that you have placed a downloadable copy of the firefox browser (files/Firefox Setup 1.5.0.1.exe btw, spaces in a file name are a bad idea) on your site, is that something that they have given you permission to do?

It's too bad that you seem to have given up on your beta site:
http://www.nytrovil.com/beta/v1

Cheers, eh.

C.C.
  • USFlashMap.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • USFlashMap.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI, I like hte idea of placing media files, however, will there be more content?
the menu looks a little faded.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It's too bad that you seem to have given up on your beta site:
http://www.nytrovil.com/beta/v1

Im look to make that into a flash when I learn how to work flash more, thats why its still a beta. So far I have http://www.nytrovil.com/beta/ but I lost the flash file so I gave up, even though there wasnt much on it anyways. along with that I dont have the PSD so its one of those things that I cant do much wth.

If that link doesnt work, you can get to the flash with this http://www.nytrovil.com/beta/index.php

Quote:
HI, I like hte idea of placing media files, however, will there be more content?
the menu looks a little faded.

Well I dont plan on using this template anymore. If I can I want to sell it. But I dont know if I can do that. It has all PSD's and coded index file.
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please change the color of the burron.
The rest looks good, except for the size. Did you desgn this for 13" screens?
  • fraende
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fraende

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like colors.. Maby I would just give it a little more contrast.. Make the backround a little brighter, and the site a liggle darker, or put some more color on it..

And change the menu-hover, so that the links get darker insted of brighter.. I think that would look good :).
  • fluffysammy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Isle of wight

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I like your site its nice, just couple of things - would be nice if you said what the pics were of in the gallery i.e dogs name or where the waterfall is
the site was a bit smallso did look a bit lost on the screen but other than that i liked it, well done !

sammy xx
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site was desgned for a 1024x768. If your running anything bigger the site looks like really small. I plan for the site was to make it fit on one screen, meaning no scroll bar to the site. No matter what resalution the viewer had. I didnt quite get there on the 800x600 because the sitie would just look way to small. I like small condenced site because everything is RIGHT there infront of me.

BTW the water fall is in wallowa oregan.
  • ebangla
  • Born
  • Born
  • ebangla

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really good to see your nice smooth green template. It is simply cool.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
This is my personal site but I plan on remaking it because I make a design and then think its crap (just me). So I would like you to tell me what you like and dislike about the design, and if you think it could sell for anything.

It also has a template for comments that is the same as the template is self.

http://www.nytrovil.com/
http://www.nytrovil.com/v2/comments.php

I would like to say that the site has a very professional feel to it!
The color choice is excellent....very toned down and earthy.
I did enjoy the header image yet if this were my site I would experiment with different images although it does go well with the nature pictures on the picture
page....I think the menu color choice matches to a T, If I were to sell this site I would put it up for auction just for ha ha's or maybe try to get at least $139 for it! Overall A+++
  • am7555
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • am7555
  • Loc: CANADA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Had a look at your site and the first impression I had is that the buttons are way too faded and get hard to read, even with the background hover. If you add more contrast to the text in the buttons it would help alot.

Otherwise it works for me.
  • webitalia2005
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey it's really nice,maybe a little bit tiny...Try also to change the color of the fonts for the main content, this to make it more visible.
  • love0715
  • love0715

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I like your background color . However your text on the button is also greenish, which makes visitors difficult to read. Try to pair up colors: green +white....something that makes your word easier to read.

Look forward to view more content on your site!
Terence
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm... a Welcome in your home page minimun yeah? jejee, dont have a blank page in your index page, not good for your image, all the rest are good, in special the pictures :P
  • inoozzu
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • inoozzu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Website NitroVil. But why do I have a scroling bar on the right side?
  • CrackedProductions
  • CrackedProductions
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just me...but I like the smooth feel, but there is just to much green nothing truly interesting about the main page, it's just blah, try adding a picture or maybe a animation to the front page, just spiff it up a little bit
  • nrain
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice and slim design. try to give another go with a different font colour.... menu/contents are not clear enough...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers