SITE REVIEW: web templates depot

• gdhanasekar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to web templates depot!

http://www.webtemplatesdepot.com/

Quote:
With tons of free templates being created nowadays how can you distinguish the best from the crappy ones? To save you from

the hassle, we created WebTemplatesDepot. Digging through thousands of templates to suit your website needs is not an easy

task. You will spend lots of hours searching for the right template for your website only to find out it is not the best for

you.

WebTemplatesDepot is a templates gallery with an extensive collection of only the best WordPress,Joomla,web xhtml-css,drupal

templates for you to download conveniently. This site compiles tons of templates for free from diverse theme designers

everyday.

Feel free to browse through our various collections of templates and there will always be one that will suit your needs. We

encourage users to submit their templates here for a review. If it passes our guidelines, your templates will be featured for

free.

At WebTemplatesDepot, we manually review each and every template to ensure that we only give the best quality templates for

free to our users. WebTemplatesDepot showcases only the best,free and very professional templates around the web.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SiteShrine
  • SiteShrine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Template of and by itself looks good but it doesn't give the impression of what your content is. Also your screenshots should be larger...taller.
  • taz
  • taz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad looking site, nothing shouts at me to keep me there
  • baby4121
  • baby4121
  • Loc: indian jokes land

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have visited your site you have some good web templates . really helpful i will download some good templates for my site also. :lol:
  • Prestige
  • Born
  • Born
  • Prestige

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general idea. I do have a few random comments (take them for what they're worth - just from an objective point of view).
1.) I would tone back the black background - too dark and sort of macabre, at least for me.
2.) I would also use a logo for (or along with) the name of your site - it looks like you just typed the name in a bold Times New Roman font. If you don't have a logo, I'd suggest you develop on, but nothing too flashy or gimmicky.
3.) I would also steer away from wording like distinguish the "best from the crappy ones" - try to resist so obviously trashing your competitors. I would suggest something like "distinguish the good from the bad" or something along that line. If someone has been using a competitor they probably would not appreciate you telling them (not in so many words) the choice they made was "crappy".
Again, these are objective comments, meant to be taken for what they're worth.
Good luck with the site!
Don
  • krates
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • krates

Post 3+ Months Ago

A better banner is what you need in your site..

Everything else is just awesome...
  • shiela72

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks pretty fine with me. Maybe you could increase the size of the template's thumbnails or screenshot so that users can see it clearly. And about the download button, I can't clearly see the text that says, "Download". The text is not centered on the button, it's on the very bottom, and the text mixes with the background color which is white.

I also agree to Prestige that you really need to have a graphic header since you are offering free templates.
  • ipenev
  • ipenev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should get rid of the slogan "Best Templates Collection around the web" with a site like this. Another thing is to bring the categories on the right side higher, in the visible part of the screen.
  • hperkins
  • Born
  • Born
  • hperkins

Post 3+ Months Ago

great template site. it really shows a variety of options!! I like it alot!!1
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice but is just like any other web template store and portal. The text box at the top contains too many lines of texts and people might skip the while passages.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers