SITE REVIEW: Webchat Site

• stfu
  • stfu
  • Loc: russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.

This is my latest work. Webchat website I did for some guys im friends with http://user101.com/webchat/ ..finished just day ago. Its only like 4th website i've ever made.

Used Photoshop and Notepad, simple html with some scripting and php + one db table for users online, I've made 4 of these banners too, Flash/Photoshop.

Thank you :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's not bad at all, a nice easily laid out look & feel, links are easy to read and find quickly...

I'm not so sure about using an iFrame for the news though - I can understand WHY, and if aesthetics is your primary concern and you're not bothered about search engines indexing that content then cool, otherwise I think you'd be better trying to actually incorporate it as part of the main page..

Maybe have your most recent story title, then 3 or 4 lines of "preview" content with a link to a page to read the whole thing, then just links below that to the next 4 most recent news items.. That could work pretty well, and still fit in your box (even if you have to write a function to cut super-long news titles).

I see you're using iframes for the main body content in some of your other pages too (chat, registration, etc.) but again you will probably want to think about actually incorporating the content as part of the main page, rather than loading it in a frame for search-engine-happiness.

But I love the look n' feel, nice and simple, easy to navigate, good work :)
  • muggle21
  • muggle21

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice site. i like the navigation and everything is layed out clean the graphics are very clean no rough edges or blur.

but i must agree with AXE
Quote:
I'm not so sure about using an iFrame for the news though - I can understand WHY, and if aesthetics is your primary concern and you're not bothered about search engines indexing that content then cool, otherwise I think you'd be better trying to actually incorporate it as part of the main page..

i used this site http://www.bruceclay.com when i was optimizing my website http://www.collegeterminal.com for search engines. allthought they have a membership thing going on they do have alot of good free advice.

again i really do like the site
  • stfu
  • stfu
  • Loc: russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey :)

im glad you liked the site, thank you for comments

yeah, ive been thinking about search engines myself, and thank you for advice, tho i should tell that news iframe was made on purpose, i didnt want news to be on the main page or be listed at all whatsoever, so they are in 'Disallow: /' now, as well as the poll and statistic and guestbook, the chat iframe is the only way i could do it, it is hosted on another server

i should redo channel registration page i guess, i abused iframes :/ but then, i dont want it to be listed

thank you guys!
  • dubz45
  • dubz45

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have a great layout...very fresh and clean...graphics are good...good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers