SITE REVIEW: Webcrate.net

• webcrate
  • Born
  • Born
  • webcrate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.
Our webiste is http://www.webcrate.net. It`s a collection of links to tutorials about site creating. From html to Photoshop and many others. You can vote on them to choose the best ones. Material for beginners as well as advanced webmasters. PHP, XTHML, Photoshop, Ruby on Rails, JavaSript, AJAX, WordPress , infomations about the most beautiful free templates, icons, fonts, etc.
Would you change anything?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice color scheme, very easy to look at. The right side of the top bar looks a little empty. Maybe you could shrink down the login box and throw it up there, or the search box. I like the nice contrast of the orange. Also I think the contact page is really sparse. Maybe a little something above the boxes about hey thanks for contacting us. Also the content seems oddly spaced on that page with everything pushed to the left. Just a thought.

Overall the look is really nice though. Nice use of whitespace and color. Hope this helps. Good job.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually love how simple and clean and roomy it is, but that yellow hits you like a ton of bricks! I would recommend getting rid of it, and finding a different color. Other than that, well done :D
  • dragnos
  • Born
  • Born
  • dragnos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice quite easy to read
  • aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure why, but the design bothers me a bit. My first impression is that of a collection of links, or a parked domain. Too little activity, no advertisements, too calm. I would try to make it a bit more like a portal, with news, updates, etc.
  • advanceflash
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • advanceflash

Post 3+ Months Ago

A fine web 2.0 style blog... easy and readable. everything in it's place. Nothing ground breaking, but that is what I like about web 2.0
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Lakewood

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love it Nothing moree a guy could ask for great job!!!
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like very very much your Pligg customization, I like especially the blue you have used in this graphic. The Add process is very intuitive, I like what you have done with this.
  • rmoore
  • Born
  • Born
  • rmoore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I feel that you have too much of the blue covering % of the page. You might want to alternate colors to get a better look&feel.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got so caught up in reading the articles that I forgot to come back here and review the site! Good job!

BUT, I would remove the two link clicking. First, you have to click to get to a second page then you have to click again to get to the article. I want to go directly to the article. I don't know why you have it this way, SEO maybe? But it's wierd and I want to go directly to the article.

Maybe a button next to each article that says "Go directly to this article" ?
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 41 days ago

The movable header images present in the website itself tells the users about how reliable,safe and secure place for them. On seeing those images itself they will choose any one of the plan listed below.
  • graphicnerd

Post 38 days ago

Needs more spacing,It can't breathe air.
  • jully6686
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jully6686

Post 8 days ago

I like the nice contrast of the orange. Also I think the contact page is really sparse.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers