SITE REVIEW: Webmaster Forum

• webcosmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boston, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have started this Webmaster Forum last year. As of now we have this stats:
Threads: 8,844, Posts: 72,429, Members: 2,522

We have made reasonable effort make it look nice. Most of our energy went for marketing and adding content value to the forum.

Looking for your thoughtful suggestion on marketing and anything else we could improve. Thanks in advance.

http://www.webcosmoForums.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

webcosmo,
I don't mind the color scheme. In fact I think its rather calming which is nice. I would like to see a little more white space though. There is a lot of stuff going on everywhere. Maybe that just means more padding and spacing. The structure on the post pages with the users info taking up the full width makes for a lot of scrolling and it makes it harder to find actual responses and comments (with all the footers and headers and ads). Nice job getting traffic on the site though. Hope this helps.
  • webcosmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boston, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
webcosmo,
I don't mind the color scheme. In fact I think its rather calming which is nice. I would like to see a little more white space though. There is a lot of stuff going on everywhere. Maybe that just means more padding and spacing. The structure on the post pages with the users info taking up the full width makes for a lot of scrolling and it makes it harder to find actual responses and comments (with all the footers and headers and ads). Nice job getting traffic on the site though. Hope this helps.

Appreciate taking time reviewing.
Its a new forum, trying anything I can for marketing. Down the road it would take another year I guess to get somewhat busy.
  • Tiege
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tiege

Post 3+ Months Ago

color scheme is fine and top logo is good but maybe just think of a nicer layout for the top part where you have the ad. it looks like you pretty much just slapped it right there, maybe relocate it, you might even get a higher click turnout
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Obviously, your site has being quite busy seeing as how much posts, threads and most ever users online you have, but the thing that would be great if you get your own skin and not a premade template used by 100 other forums. It's like your in a network with those other forums :lol:
  • middayc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Slovenia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice and colors are pleasant to look at.

But it also looks like yet another forum.. nothing makes any signal that it's different, or signal something that you would remember it by.

If you look at this forum Ozzu .. I wasn't active in webmaster communities until recently but I only saw this forum few times many years back and I still remembered it to these days.

I remembered it by it's strange name which I have no idea what it means and also unusual but cool samurai black header. Now that I became a member I also appreciate it's different layout than a typical forum that I find nice to use...

I am not saying that you should make strange things just for the sake of being different but it will help you if you find some answer to what will make people remember your forum and connect it so some labels in their head.
  • freelance
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is a good one
Seems that you know you job

The forum is clean and easy to use
Very well

Good luck
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's PHPBB; I don't approve of reviews on templated products, unless you completely gutted them and modified them (like this Ozzu website). That's just my opinion.....
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

AlexGrim wrote:
It's PHPBB; I don't approve of reviews on templated products, unless you completely gutted them and modified them (like this Ozzu website). That's just my opinion.....

Actually, it's a vBulletin 3.8.4, but in the design point, I kind of agree with your point there.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, i call all of them the same thing :D. No offence at the people using them, but they are not worthy of reviews, as most don't do any heavy mods. Now, MY forums, for example, are COMPLETELY WRITTEN BY HAND, from scratch, with Gedit an sql proceedures ;). Something like that could definitely be worthy of someone posting for a review.

Mine are (still BETA) used on //removed an //removed ; but then again, i'm a hardcore geek that tries to write everything himself...

Ok, i'm done bragging............

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers