• Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

Just got the new design up this week for my new forums:

http://www.webmaster-forums101.com/

What do you think? Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tech
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

well what can i say looks alot like this forum apart formt he different colors , you haev the >> at the top for the navigation and some of the forums are like ozzu, i guess you have deicated it more to webdesing than progamming and search engines etc. but otherwise i mean to me it looks good the colors match but yeah not bad.

-sycofi5h
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey sycofi5h,

If you have a look around a lot of webmaster forums have very similar content ;)

Yes I just realised they >> were like ozzus...

I had a designer design it and they seem to be quite popular.

Thanks

Tech
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

The initial pop-up to sign-up breaks the page in Firefox, so you should ook into that, otherwise, nice skin! :P
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find this quite odd... This looks like something Buick did. Once apon a time there was this 1953 Cadillac Sedan and all the people in the world loved it, but only the fairly wealth could afford it. So a guy by the name of Buick wiped up magic spell and copied the car and called it The 1953 Buick RoadMaster. And no one noticed the resemblance. And all could afford it. Everyone was happy. THE END.

PS: The site doesn't look bad I just find it ridiculous for you to even make it. And then ask us to review it. What I really think you're trying to do is have people here join your "101WF". You discuss me. Thank you for reading my story.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

i kind of have to agree with you there Lord Kia but i wouldnt have said it so harshly even though basicly every word you say is true. like the site looks good but have different topics why would peopel go to your site and then not ozzu???
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ausmeister, I'll look into that. No idea why it's happening.

You guys can think what you wish. I don't think what you said was very necessary but hey, I asked for it to be reviewed.

This is a website review forum and that's what I am doing, asking my site to be reviewed very nicely and I get your unkind words. I think that' sad. :roll: Don't even know why you wasted your time.

I didn't post my website to take away ozzu members, just for some reviews. This is an active community with members who would visit a lot of other webmaster forums. They are the best people to review my website.
  • Taylor Hewitt
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this forum. It's my only web design forum :). But your forum ain't bad. the reason I prefer this one though is because... well more members. But quality wise, I like dark colours :).
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Taylor,

I can see where you're coming from.

I'm starting to do a bit of advertising and some other methods to get some more members in. It's not easy to build a big active comunity ;)

Cheers
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, something gay is happening when I view this site. In I.E. I'm getting a javascript error and only your header is loading up, the rest is all blank. It looks normal in Firefox. In any case, your site looks great as far as I can see. Forums are forums, so at this point they all look the same to me! But there's a unique'ness to your site, so good job. Just a side note, I saw an ad for surfspeedy, do you use them? Coz I do and I loves it!! :roll:
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup, use and love surfpseedy. Great support ;)

What version of IE are you using? How far down can you see the header before you can't see it no longer?

Thanks again mate
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey daremedy,

Can you have a look now and see if you are getting the same problems?

http://www.webmaster-forums101.com/

I think I've fixed the right hand side bar for good now, a bit of JavaScript did it.

Thanks

Tech
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, works now in I.E. I'm on version 6.0. You still have a javascript error showing though, but the content is all in tact now.
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's the main thing :)

Thanks Daremedy, I'll see if I can work out this error you're getting... I use IE 6.0 and it wasn't happening to me before I fixed it...

Weird...

Cheers
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lord Kai wrote:
I find this quite odd... This looks like something Buick did. Once apon a time there was this 1953 Cadillac Sedan and all the people in the world loved it, but only the fairly wealth could afford it. So a guy by the name of Buick wiped up magic spell and copied the car and called it The 1953 Buick RoadMaster. And no one noticed the resemblance. And all could afford it. Everyone was happy. THE END.

PS: The site doesn't look bad I just find it ridiculous for you to even make it. And then ask us to review it. What I really think you're trying to do is have people here join your "101WF". You discuss me. Thank you for reading my story.

bit harsh there Lord Kai.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your forum is nice, I even signed up to it. And I think it's cool that you already have more than 200 members. The only thing is I prefer phpBB over vbullitin. Maybe it's just because I'm more used to it or maybe it is superio, either way, it's by know fault of your own. You have good categories, and that is really all you control when using installed forums like these.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked it out and I will probably sign up tomorrow or the day after.

After all, if there is 77 brands of beer available at my local gas station shop, why shouldn't there be several forums for the same purpose? I think it's cool...

Design-wise, I must say that the forum is well presented, I like the combination of blue cell headers with the yellow stripes, and I like the buttons for Home Page, Email, etc...

The logo is a bit off-topic in IMHO (class room board?), but at this stage that's not something you even wanna touch!

I might place some addy, your $30 bucks-offer seems cool...! :)
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys,

I think I prefer vBulletin becuase it has a lot more features than phpBB. phpBB is still a great program though ;)

Quote:
After all, if there is 77 brands of beer available at my local gas station shop, why shouldn't there be several forums for the same purpose? I think it's cool...

Thanks Abelius, I needed to hear that :)

Well the school board is supposed to represent learning... You're probably right.

pian, what has your link go to do with anything? If there is something there you want us to see could you please point it out. If you are wanting it to be reviewed you need to start a new topic.

Cheers
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mr. Tech wrote:
You guys can think what you wish. I don't think what you said was very necessary but hey, I asked for it to be reviewed.

This is a website review forum and that's what I am doing, asking my site to be reviewed very nicely and I get your unkind words. I think that' sad. :roll: Don't even know why you wasted your time.

sorry to say this but true this is a "WebSite Review Forum", what you do is you "Review" a site in here that is posted.. am i rite???

now i dont no of any rules that say when you review a website they have to be good comments?? In My case when i review a site i review it. i say to myself, do i like it??
Does it flow??
Are there mistakes??
What could be better?
.etc
but then i give my own option/review of the site What "I" think of it.

and i dont think that we were wasting our time, we "reviewed" your site and gave you postive and negative comments on it. I Gave my option.

thanks for listening sorry if you thought i was abit harsh but it was my option.

thanks

-sycofi5h
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not you man, don't worry about it ;)

It's just the P.S part of Kai's message that set me off but hey, forgive and forget is my motto :)

Have a good night

Tech
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

o ok well i was just setting it clear for everyone.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkermoon wrote:

Hey stop calling me LORD Kai Just call me Kai and ya the truth hurts like a bitch
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll:
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lord Kai wrote:
darkermoon wrote:

Hey stop calling me LORD Kai Just call me Kai and ya the truth hurts like a bitch

hey "Kai" hate to say this but your name is Kai so if people dont no you want to be called Kai they well just say Lord Kai.

-sycofi5h

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers